Malossi Vespower coil

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Richjak

Did you know the Malossi coils supplied with their Vespower ignition kits have an HT lead that's sealed into the coil and cant be removed ?? Neither did I until I snapped the f@@king thing trying to change HT leads. Brand new coil totally wasted - I'm spewing big time.

Question: Can I use the BGM Pro coil as a replacement ??

(http://www.scooter-center.com/en/produc ... 059120*BGM 6669*1*1*1*16)

Or one of these ???

(http://www.sip-scootershop.com/main/bas ... r=85000000)

If not what can I use as a replacement or do I have to get another malossi coil ??

Thanks for your help.
BOTAK ITU INDAH.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

you can fix a broken HT lead by using a brass screw with the head cut off. You screw it into the centre, then cut the head off and screw the lead onto the end of the screw. Then tape it up. It'll fix it, but a replacement is recommended. At least you'll be able to use it as a spare I suppose.
Richjak

the lead has broken off in the coil body itself - so its impossible to get anything in there
BOTAK ITU INDAH.
Muttley McLadd

While you're credit card is still hot, might be an idea to order a new fan for it too. When a little stone gets the plastic one, it'll be curtains. You'll be in the middle of nowhere too.

I got this one. It's really pretty.

Dead one:
CakeAndArseParty
Ginch
Main scooter: Vespa 150 Super

You can't use either of those coils, you'll need the specific one for the Vespower.
Recently a mate broke his. He has another scooter with a Vespatronic and externally (apart from the encapsulated wire) they look exactly the same. So he swapped them over. Started up and sounded fine. Got his gear on to take it out for a ride and it went backwards! Switched it off and tried it a few times with the same result. Anyway he used a small self-tapper and hot glue and it's going well now.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I seem to recall some of the old Femsa coils had the lead sealed into the unit. There was quite a few repaired with a double ended screw. One end screwed into the broken HT lead leaving a threaded end sticking out which a HT lead could be screwed into.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information