lurching

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
willow
Main scooter: t5classic

Hi guess im new to all this so be gentle. need a bit of help.problem is when I change down gears from 4th to 3 rd at any speed over 10 mph the back wheels seems as thou it wants to lock up and feel like you have hit the brake for a second.apart from this the scooter and gears are fine the rest of the time .any ideas please.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

sounds as though you may just be changing down a gear without bringing the revs up to match the higher ratio ,try "double de clutching " :)
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
ducksta

What engine is it as I know lml engines do this from time to time
live life your a long time dead
willow
Main scooter: t5classic

Tried double dipping the clutch as for the engine its a t5 I would understand if I was doing it at a higher speed but not 10 miles an hour.under the 10 mph and it fine. Could it be crusiform or cush drive .I'm only guessing.
mickymidas
Main scooter: Vespa Rally /P200

Cruciform wear is usually indicated by jumping out of lower gears when changing up. May be you just have a good clutch in, try letting the clutch lever out slower when changing down so it's not snatching when the clutch is dis engaged ?.
2Ronnies sc.......Chuckleism is the way forward
Shaunbond

What's it like for a standing start in first? If it lurches and possibly makes a dry creech sound its the clutch. As Dusksta says LML clutches are known to do this, I've had 2 do the same, I swapped for two known good clutches and both were cured.
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
Spreader
Main scooter: 1977 Rally 200

Sounds like broken springs in the cush drive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information