help

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soul66
Main scooter: vespa px125e disc

i have a px 125 kitted with a 166(un ported) it will do 60 flat out with a sito on,and standard carb,...looking to cruise at 60,maybe 70 on mway,ive recently fitted a revolver yesterday,although not tried as yet,..need to no weather i need to change the carb or not,dont want to get into gearing and cranks,plus is it worth porting,im a cruiser sometimes two up.cheers
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Think you're being a bit optimistic with the 60/70 cruising speed, especially 2 up.

Realistically to get them speeds you need to be looking at a kitted large block.

My opinion of course.....others may be more optimistic.....
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

If you mean porting the casing that's definitely worthwhile but you have to split the engine to do it properly.

Mine would run off the clock and cruised quite nice well over 60 on the clock - I've never really known how far out they are. It had the P2 carb and was much quicker off the mark than my brothers P2 and would pull away from it quite easily. It was built on the LML reed casing and I also had a lightened flywheel and a mikeck on it. It loved a big handful and was quite thirsty.

I thought it was a great piece of kit but I've abandoned it as I had persistent issues with an air leak I couldn't get to the bottom of. So it was binned and I'm building a torquey 210.

I'm a little skeptical that it would prove to be a good touring set up in the long run as it is a very revvy kit. I rarely ride two up but I'm probably heavy enough for two small blokes... ;)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
ipman

You need to swap your Malossi 166 for a polini 177,match the cases,cut about 10mm off your crank web to get more fuel in,fit a 24/24 SI carb,keep your revolver exhaust,set up the ports with correct packers,perfect for touring on 125 cases
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information