PX150 kit advice, Update

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
TS1-200

A mate has asked me to fit a kit to his PX150, wants to keep standard carb but upgrade exhaust to a sip road 2 or similar, what would be the best kit to fit for him not after anything racy, just a solid increase in performance, Malossi, Polini or what, I'm familiar with Lammy tuning options, but not had a lot to do with Vespa. Any advice suggestions would be welcome
Last edited by TS1-200 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on keepin on
Juan

I personally wouldn't fit any if he wants to keep the 20/20.You of course could but I wouldn't. Maybe a DR or Pinasco might hike it a bit but I certainly wouldn't entertain a Polini or Malossi on that. Others will no-doubt disagree and that's fine, just stating my preference.
TS1-200

Would it better then to replace the carb, for say a 24/24
Keep on keepin on
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Mate of mine had a DR kit with a 20/20 carb. This went very well
Muttley McLadd

Does he have a specific budget in mind?

Is the kit rebuild because of something breaking, or does it work fine now?
CakeAndArseParty
ipman

Standard bolt on Dr is shite,no more than 60mph just a little extra torque,tuned is a different matter

Bolt on a Malossi or polini,24/24,sip road for a good 65mph,again tuned/matched to cases will give a lot more low down and maybe 70mph

What year is his px? Might need the ignition system sorting out if it's a later model,2011 onwards
ipman

Pinasco are over 200 quid so not worth it compared to the polini at 160,might aswel get a Parmakit 177 for 260 quid and go a lot quicker ;)
TS1-200

In reply to a few questions, he bought it new about 18mths ago. he just wants a bit more performance, he has fitted an uprated box type silencer not sure which, I not really a Vespa man but have worked on a few, as far as kits go I`m a bit in the dark, so any help is appreciated
Keep on keepin on
stonerosesmod
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150S

Depends on his budget as always.
Cheap and cheerful go for the DR180,just chamfer the porting,check the piston to bore clearance and ring gaps and hone if necessary and upjet carb for a reasonable old fashioned kit.
Polini is a better kit with more porting which could be bolted on but matching the porting to the casings and fitting a cut crank would give a big grin factor.
Malossi I think,makes its power higher in the rev range so not the best for two up town riding,but would be similar to the malossi.
If it's a newer PX then it will need an unrestricted Cdi allowing it to rev out more.
Not sure on the parmakit personally,but again it's all down to his budget.
lozmondo

My Mrs has a Parmakit 177 on her PX.
P2 carb, was on a simoninni but now a pipe design box pipe.
Its about 15 HP, runs like a dream, quick, reliable and brilliant on fuel.
They have increased in price since she bought I about 3 years agot, but its been very impressive...so much so Ive had to bin the SR kit on my sx and go to an Imola to keep up :shock:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information