PX150 kit advice, Update

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ipman

If you want it to rev past 7000rpm it will need a reedspeed Zeus cdi at 80 quid or a full ignition swap including stator,fly and cdi to the old type,you can't mix a match

Parmakits tuned properly are in quatrinni territory at half the price
TS1-200

Update.. decided on an Ally Pinasco, stuck with standard 20 20 carb for now but upjetted to 110 mj. and drilled the air filter as suggested, had to grind a small amount off of the cylinder and a small amount off of the flywheel (didn't want to take it all off the cylinder for fear of going through) also ported the crankcase, not as much as I would have liked but again didn't want to through as there is not a lot of meat on the side opposite the fly wheel, it has a SIP road 2 with twin pipes, is it me, but had difficulty getting the SIP rear wheel off to get the silencer bolt out, gave up in the end and just let the tyre down and fiddled the bolt out, what a pain, is this normal ! on the road it seems nice and smooth with nice bottom end pull, didn't rev it too high has only done a test run of about 12 miles, hope he`s happy with it. left the timing as standard for now is this ok, will alter if nec. when I re torque the head nuts, oh and changed the plug to an NGK 8 range. Don`t go like my TS1 though :D
Keep on keepin on
fraserp200e
Main scooter: 1988 MotoVespa TX200

I would be interested to hear what he thinks of it....I'm looking at the roughly same but with a 24/24 carb.
Been doing a bit of internet digging but don't see too much info on the Pinasco kit (loads about the polini and Malossi), I know they're a bit priceyer but but I'm geussing you get what you pay for?
I don't want to hijack your thread but would be interested to hear what anyone who has one fitted thinks......
1983 Vespa PX125
1984 MotoVespa P200E
1988 MotoVespa TX200
TS1-200

As I said I have done about 15 mls on it and it felt nice, we did intend to put a 24mm carb on it, but decided to run it in first on the upjetted (110 mj) 20/20 carb, I do think you need to port the crankcase somewhere near to match the cylinder transfers,as the cylinder transfers at the bottom of the cylinder are half as big again as the transfers in the casing, but as I said in the thread there didn't seem enough meat in the casing opposite the flywheel side to fully open it up, somebody more familiar with these engines might know better.
Keep on keepin on
lozmondo

Scooter Centre had the new BGM 177 kit, at Meltdown this weekend. Think its around 299euro and designed as a bolt ontouring kit...looked nice
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information