Moto Vespa (GS) Project

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Grooveywordbender wrote:Yip very nice set up. Actually bought a set of GS forks from the guy who built that scoot in the link you enclosed...Graham (cartmel808), seen Sean Brady building his Quattriini too, last time I visited Dan and Sean.
Hey how you doing pal?... didn't realise that was you - good to see you've made a start with it. ;)
Grooveywordbender

Hi Graham, hope your well mate. Yes slow going but taking my time and learning as I'm going along. Hope to get a bit more time in the hut this weekend and post a few photos.

Shaun.

Hi Gary,

Could you shed a wee bit more light on the GS rear wheel etc for alignment please. Have not sourced a donor engine yet and wondered if the engine type is impacting on a wheel selection....if that makes sense. Was under the impression I could simply plug in a P2 lump for instance? Have just took receipt of x3 Sip tubeless wheels and tyres???

Cheers Shaun.
cartmel808

You'll be fine with what you have there Shaun... Gary's scooter is a wide frame - whereas yours is a large frame.... I've done 3 motovespa 150s frames with p series motors, disc front ends & sip rims & and non have wheel alignment issues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grooveywordbender

Phew...you've just made my night. Cheers Graham.
Grooveywordbender

Little update on the progress. Trying to dry build as much as I possibly can. Sean build the engine for me as a mile muncher with plenty of torque for the country roads up here. Slow going but crimbo should see a bit of a shimmy on. Plan just now is Black.

Standard 200 Gearbox
Pinasco Flytech Ignition
Sip crank 200 case
Polini 210 Alloy kit with head
60mm long stroke 'bell' shaped crank - SeriePro
Malossi ReedValve kit
23 Tooth Cosa Clutch
SiP pipe
30mm PHBH Dellorto carb

ImageImageImageImageImage
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

that looks sweet, keep up the good work, and keep the pictures coming, ive always liked wide vespas, first scoot was a rally 180, wish i still had it,
well done,
holty :D
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

coming along nicely, what seat are you going for.
Grooveywordbender

Going for the all in-one tank and seat combo with a rear filler cap. Akin to the ones that scooter in style produce. It's with the fabricator now. Simple low profile in black.
Grooveywordbender

Ps. Had a shoofty at your wiring setup with the electronic kit and the GS switches etc on another site...going to have a dry run without power over Christmas. May need some pointers if I get stuck lol.
cartmel808

Looking good Shaun - I saw your new engine being built when I was down @ Shaun & Dan's a couple of weeks back... very nice!

Keep the pictures coming ;) ...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information