Few questions

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
thackers

Hi, i'm trying to get a friends px 125 back on the road. I know nothing on Vespa's (only Lambretta's) So my queries are ...
Which plug would suit it best? It's just round town and occasional ride outs.
Oil percentage? 3% fully synth, or is there a autolube somewhere?
And should the air filter sit tight to the top of the carb?
Thanks
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

B7 would be ok for normal use but remember it should be short reach.

If it has autolube there will be a plastic cap for the oil tank next to the petrol filler. If not 2% semisynthetic, or whatever will mix, in the tank should be fine, assuming it's standard.

The air filter should fit down flush on the carb top.

HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
thackers

Thanks, just been told it's a 50cc Frame, there is a plastic cap of some sort near the petrol cap but it looks like it has 3 pins in it like something electric goes in
tony172
Main scooter: vespa t5

if its a 50cc frame i can only assume it must be a PK, not a PX. the PX came in 80cc, 125cc, 150cc and 200cc. the bit with the wires is the fuel gauge sender. if it has nothing else then i can only assume it is premix only. is there an oil sight next to the choke knob?
thackers

It is a pk frame with a px125 engine. The choke is just a small button type set up in front of the carb. There's no side panels and only 1 small lever (petrol) at the front of the frame under the seat. I'm hoping that now I've cleaned out the carb and fuel from the exhaust with some fresh fuel and plug he'll be back on the road
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

PK never came with an autolube the three pin plugged thing will be for a fuel gauge connection.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
thackers

Thanks for the help so far fellas.I've got it running but it sounds wooly when I blip the throttle. There's 2 adjusters on this carb, one is on top and the other sticks out the back and is just a brass nut. I presume one will be tick Over and the other three air mixture screw? Which is which? Thanks again
coaster

thackers wrote:Thanks for the help so far fellas.I've got it running but it sounds wooly when I blip the throttle. There's 2 adjusters on this carb, one is on top and the other sticks out the back and is just a brass nut. I presume one will be tick Over and the other three air mixture screw? Which is which? Thanks again
The one on top is the tick over and the one at the back is the mixture adjustment.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

And screwing it out richens the idle
GBCS
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB250

thackers wrote:It is a pk frame with a px125 engine. The choke is just a small button type set up in front of the carb. There's no side panels and only 1 small lever (petrol) at the front of the frame under the seat. I'm hoping that now I've cleaned out the carb and fuel from the exhaust with some fresh fuel and plug he'll be back on the road
Are you sure it's a PX engine in a PK frame, as that doesn't sound like a simple proposition.

Maybe a PK125 engine in a PK50 frame ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information