Colours used on the T5 on 1989

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Has anyone got a list, or even better the paint codes, for the Mark 1 T5 please? In particular, the colours used in 1989.

If you search around on this site, you can find a list of Piaggio colours but it doesn't say when they were used:

http://www.autopaint-pro.co.uk/piaggio-paint-82-c.asp
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I seem to recall they were available in red, white and charcoal.

My brother had a D plate in charcoal which would have been 86, I think the red came first then the charcoal and the white later.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Also did an aquamarine colour also in a metallic, and a metallic candy red, but think this was later in production run?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

bazman wrote:Also did an aquamarine colour also in a metallic, and a metallic candy red, but think this was later in production run?
Baz, Do I remember Gary having a Mk1 in the green?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Interesting. I remember the red, white, metallic red and a sort of gunmetal grey. I don't remember the aquamarine but I suspect mine may have been this colour originally. That website lists a Blue Aquamarine code 305.
buttontobutton

I bought my Mk1 T5 brand new in 1989 - F227RDL. The colours available at that time were Red, White, Anthracite (which is the dark charcoal colour) and Silver. My dealer had a Red and an Anthracite in stock so I went with the Anthracite.

The metallic red and the aquamarine colours, as well as a nice metallic blue came later but I couldn't tell you what year.
lockman69

RED 85/86 - GREY86/87 - WHITE87/88 - CANDY RED 88/89 - BLUE ?

How i remember it, dont really remember the Blue
shaunmc
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

I've got a T5 classic which I bought brand new in 94, that was a nice blue/purple colour. Ten year ago decided to change the colour to MG trophy blue, which again is a nice colour, but maybe should of got it re-sprayed the original blue as you rarely see them in the original blue.
weeks

bazman wrote:Also did an aquamarine colour also in a metallic, and a metallic candy red, but think this was later in production run?
gaz_powell

I had a blow out and off on a brand new aquamarine one on the A19 en route to Yarmouth.

Seem to remember that was an H Reg .......but couldnt be sure as it wasnt mine !!!!!

Gaz
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information