BGM BigBox fouling Vespa Rally center stand

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

Just finished building the Rally and the teething problems now need sorting. In this instance, the center stand fouls the BGM BigBox exhaust, as shown below, so it cannot fully retract flush with the running board. Cant seem to find anyone else on the web who has had this issue.

Any suggestions, ie is there a different type of center stand available

Thanks

fraggleexport
Main scooter: vespa sprint

Hey Paul,
Just to put your mind at rest mine (Rally 200 with SIP2 road) did exactly the same. Well peed off. I just filed off the ally on the stand that fouled. Even then when fully sprung up the foot knocked on the exhaust outlet area....so then had to tease that side of the stand out a bit.....which then made it uneven.....so I then had to add a little extension to the foot of the stand to compensate. A complete farce!
Id be interested if there is a stand out there that bypasses this whole pollava!

Kevin
gaz_powell

this happens with a few expansions - the stands are made for standard pipes

the norm is to "fettle" (I hate that word!! :evil: ) the stand on rally and p range

on my p2 the SIP Road fitted okay in relation to the stand but crap in respect of the main bolt and cylinder stub which ment I had to remove the captive nut/cage and elongate the holes in the bracket.........
paulnobodyimportant

Thanks for confirming what I thought. Did have a delerious sleep last night fuelled by larger and keema madras. But did keep waking up thinking that I may have put the stand on back to front. But realised this morning that it was just a dream. Last resort will be to try my new Aldi angle grinder. But first I will see if I can find a stand that fits the bill, if I do I will post back.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I had to elongate the holes on a SiP 2 on my T5. I can sort of accept that. However when it so badly catches on the stand like yours, that's pretty bad and not an easy fix. Have you fed this back to MB, Paul.
Muttley McLadd

That looks like shitty welding on that exhaust. Are you sure it's not a far eastern copy?

Would moving the stand forward an inch and a half fix the problem?
CakeAndArseParty
gaz_powell

Muttley

"far eastern copy " ....... probably genuine but made in the far east !

Storkfoot

Regarding the elongating the holes on the bracket I kind of get that but have you watched the SIP video ........ It doesn't involve a file and knocking the cap nut/cage off. Mind had to do it on a Sito Plus a few weeks ago for someone.

Gaz
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I have seen a new sito plus T5 exhaust recently that no amount of fettling would get it to fit. It'd need to be cut and re welded. Goodness knows what manufacturing process they use!
paulnobodyimportant

Sent email to Scooter Centre today to see what they recommend as they are the main guys behind the production. Their reply was to bend the stand. Bit of a poor reply I thought as it's not a solution. This weekend I'll cut back some of the stand rest that's fouling. 0lus, take out clutch to check screeching, new ignition wire from headset to CDI as new loom must be earthing out, plus try and figure why battery is draining and dip filament keeps blowing and what's that knocking noise on tickover
northern*pete
Main scooter: lambretta skelly

Fitted SIP road 2 to '69 Sprint Veloce with no issues..... don't know if stand differs somehow, but might be worth looking into.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information