Sip Road 2

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
oggy

Hi,just got a sip pipe for my std vespa px200,116 main jet in at mo,got a 120 to go in???,and have drilled the filter hole in the heart,has anyone got a similar set up??,or ideas if im right to fit all the above.thanks
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

I run one on a standard Rally 200 with drilled filter & 120 main jet & it runs great...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fraggleexport
Main scooter: vespa sprint

Just to throw a fly in the ointment...

Ive got a Rally 200 24/24 carb SIP2 and drilled airfilter and Ive just upped it from a 128 to a 130 because I had a soft seize after 300miles.

120 sounds low to me....but it really does boil down to what scoot you have...Cartmels seems happy at 120? If you have a bigger one then theres no harm in popping it in. It'll soon tell you if its unhappy.

Kevin

EDIT: I forgot to say Ive had a rebore which takes it to 211ish I think.
oggy

Thanks for your replies,120 to see how it goes,thanks
gaz_powell

fraggleexport

128/130 seems big even on a 67.5/68mm rebore/piston (210)- I would be looking at the piston/bore clearance and ring gap, timing, head/base leaks etc if you have had a soft seize after 300 miles.

I run a cut crank, matched inlet, 26SI with drilled filter, ported casings, tuned standard top end (currently on 2nd o/s) and a sip performer on a 122mj and a larger pilot.

just changed performer for road and test ride seems okay on 122

I would agree with cartmel on this one
fraggleexport
Main scooter: vespa sprint

Yep...point taken Gaz....Ive got my suspicions something aint quite right but thought Id add my tuppence worth.

The seize happened after going a bit strong up a long hill...come down the other side with no fuel and the old classico happened. Whether that was the main jets fault well I doubt it, but ive upped it just in case. Caught it before a slide too so no damage done.

Need to probably give it to someone who knows a little bit more about it. I fully rebuilt it but it was my first one and Im sure theres stuff Ive missed. I just cant throw anymore money at the old girl at the moment :)
Kevin
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

When I 1st fitted the pipe on the Rally I started out with a 122mj, but seemed to run a bit rich - so dropped down to 120 & it now runs great with good plug colour & done getting on for 1000 miles with no issues... mate of mine has the same pipe on an early spanish P200 engine & he's settled on a 122mj...

If you've got a 122main then might be worth trying that in first - you can always then come down to a 120 if required. ;)
oggy

Tried 120,but im gonna try a 122 as I have one,the only problem is its slightly a different shape,it fits ok and the side hole is smaller than the 120??.are the jets just from a different maker,thanks
ArmandTanzarian

My long stroke HB Rally with a SIP pipe is on a 128 and that lightly nipped up after thrashing it to within an inch of its life for the length of the Thanet Way on Monday. I did have a home drilled filter but when the gauze tore I replaced it with a new one which came with two dirty great holes in it as standard. I think it needs to go up to a 130.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
northern*pete
Main scooter: lambretta skelly

Hi guys......got a SIP road 2 on my 150 sprint veloce....totally standard with 20/20 carb...jetted to suit and has made quite a difference. Would a bigger carb improve things more and where are you drilling your filters (on top I assume)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information