Knocking Noise Related to Clutch

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

I put a SIP clutch into my standard Rally 200. The engine makes a knocking noise at tickover, it stops when I pull the clutch in. I've tried to adjust it but then the kickstart slips etc. Any idea what the problem is? where to fix it and can I ride it okay in the meantime. It starts and runs great.
hobospeed

Have you taken the clutch cover off to see if there are any telltale signs of the clutch bell or bottom plate rubbing/knocking on the ribs on the inside? With some clutches you need to grind the ribs down a bit to make sure there is clearance. Also make sure the clutch is seated fully on the crank and the nut is tightened correctly.

lambro

Cosa clutches (which I am sure the SIP one is) do rattle on tickover more than the old school 7 spring ones.
Most likely nowt to worry about.

Shaun.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Just satisfy yourself that the flywheel isn't moving in and out when you engage the clutch, can sometimes be a sign of worn main bearing.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
goldeneye

lambro wrote:Cosa clutches (which I am sure the SIP one is) do rattle on tickover more than the old school 7 spring ones.
Most likely nowt to worry about.

Shaun.
this. Cosa clutches can rattle a bit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information