Project Rally 180... WTF do I do now!?...

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

weeks wrote:
cartmel808 wrote:
goldeneye wrote:get in touch with pete gavi (GAVI 4T on here) he"ll sort that for ya. great painter as well.
Is that the lad in Darlo?
Cant confirm that Peters forum name is what Jeff has written but id confirm Peter Gavi is from Darlo and does some excellent work.

Good luck with the Rally fella
Yeah - that's the guy I was thinking of... cheers.
oneday

Just doing a pk barn find with a mate that has been sat around for 15 years outside (so why i have called it a barn find feek knows) buts its rotten through and through and makes yours look prestine!!

As has been said, allthough it looks bad, thats not too big a job at all in the right hands. If you struggle your way, could help but we are in Wiltshire, but the offers there. Go for it, it would be worth it for the smile on your face the first time you take it out :D
a.lo.v2
Main scooter: sx 200

i think alarm bells should ring with the de- seamed smoothed back end/missing badge :shock: , unless it was supposed to be So Cal look.
a.lo.v2
Main scooter: sx 200

forgot to ask, if a lot of the lower rear is replaced how do you retain frame number. is it the same place as sprint i.e under n/s panel?
gavi4t
Main scooter: lambretta gp450

now ive seen it i can sort that no problem for you ,if you pop it in the car one day ill give you a price for fixing it cheers pete, ps dont worry ive done alot worse ,dean from dsc s rally was much worse lol
double h
Main scooter: SIL GP 200

Those porous welds look like run out of gas or rusty metal welds. Must have been a bummer hearing that news from your shot blaster.
weeks

gavi4t wrote:now ive seen it i can sort that no problem for you ,if you pop it in the car one day ill give you a price for fixing it cheers pete, ps dont worry ive done alot worse ,dean from dsc s rally was much worse lol
Got some pics of Deans Rally somewhere ................. Il post them if I can find them.
gavi4t
Main scooter: lambretta gp450

cheers martin :D
cartmel808

oneday wrote:Just doing a pk barn find with a mate that has been sat around for 15 years outside (so why i have called it a barn find feek knows) buts its rotten through and through and makes yours look prestine!!

As has been said, allthough it looks bad, thats not too big a job at all in the right hands. If you struggle your way, could help but we are in Wiltshire, but the offers there. Go for it, it would be worth it for the smile on your face the first time you take it out :D
Thanks for the kind offer... yours must be in bad shape if it makes this one look pristine! lol....
I've spoken to a local guy who was recommended to me & he's confident that he can sort it properly.

Good luck with your PK project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cartmel808

gavi4t wrote:now ive seen it i can sort that no problem for you ,if you pop it in the car one day ill give you a price for fixing it cheers pete, ps dont worry ive done alot worse ,dean from dsc s rally was much worse lol
Nice one Pete... will give you a ring in the week to arrange a good time to fetch it over for you to have a look...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information