Sip 2 or me big box much better than Sito plus ?

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Liquidcooled
Main scooter: Lambretta gp 200

Running a malossi 210 on a p200e, matched cases and standard up jetted carb, with old PM pipe, want to Go back to a standard look and just found sito plus in shed but was thinking of getting a SIP 2 or a mb big box, but the question is , is it worth it? If the sito plus is nearly as good I will stick with it.

Also found 30 mil dellorto, same question is it worth fitting? scooter has been mine for 30 years and is a mk 1 P 200e which is used only now and again.

Cheers

Dave
East London
hobospeed

If I were in your position I would put the SITO on for now and wait until BGM brings out a 200 version of their new Big Box that is geared towards non-touring set ups (more revs). They've just announced the small block version so a 200 shouldn't be far behind:

http://blog.scooter-center.com/vespa-au ... box-sport/
ipman

the sito plus is a copy of a standard vespa exhaust. if you look at the downpipes on all three you will see the difference
goldeneye

the sito plus is a copy of the T5 exhaust (although an original T5 pipe sounds better, and goes better imo) and I quite prefer them for a touring set up (rally scoot if ya like) I ran a SIP road on me old malossi 221, and on a HB200, and it went alrite, about the same as the Sito to be honest. I took the SIP road off, gaz powell on here lent it off me, so I fitted a simonini I had kicking about the shed, thrashed it to blackpool pre-season, and it pissed all over the SIP road! so... :lol:
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

ipman wrote:the sito plus is a copy of a standard vespa exhaust...
I did wonder why I had to down jet my standard Rally 200 from a 118 to 117 when I put the Sito on :oops:
Liquidcooled
Main scooter: Lambretta gp 200

Just ordered new BGM pro sport big box but they are waiting for new stock !, very good exchange rate at the moment
Yanker

storkfoot wrote:
ipman wrote:the sito plus is a copy of a standard vespa exhaust...
I did wonder why I had to down jet my standard Rally 200 from a 118 to 117 when I put the Sito on :oops:
It was perhaps coked?
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Yanker wrote:
It was perhaps coked?
It was probably an unfair comparison. A proper standard Rally 200 runs a 118 main. In my case, I couldn't get the original carb to run so I replaced it with a new one. However, the atomiser was P range, not Rally.

Therefore, I suppose it's possible that it would run a slightly smaller main??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information