Water Cooled Suzuki 220 MRB

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

and so ...........yet again ........lets get back on topic .............

new casings should arrive in the next day or two.............
so ,in the mean time ..........if anyone could please help with ideas/pics etc of how to best beef up/re inforce casings..................i would be very gratefull..............
i have some ideas myself ,but would really like to see a whole range of opptions before i decide what is the best to do .....................
cracked casings on tuned vespas is alarmingly quite common....................so please lets hear some input to sort this out......................
thanks in advance...............
sean
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Did any gears break or anything foreign end up in the gearbox gunny?
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
RICSPEED

Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Seen that before.. I'm loving it!
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Bit of history for the LC220......

The LC cylinder was originally done in 1996 for Alan Gunion.

Originally an air cooled Malossi 210, Suzuki piston, 57 stoke with 120mm / 18mm con rod, it ran a 32mm Dellorto on a NK reed block, Yam reed with Boyesens, 64/23 T5 top gearing.

Port timing were exhaust 184.50 degrees, transfers 125.00/124.00 degrees.

He used a Micron and dynoed it at PM Tuning which gave a reading of 26hp on their dyno. He then had it changed by MB to LC in Oct 2000.

Not sure how our dyno compares to PM Tuning.....but we will of course run it and see what it kicks out now.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Juan

Just read this back and if I'm not mistaken then Oz adds 2 extra bolts on the lower clutch housing area. I would ask him but he can be a Mardy old bugger and doesn't get on the 'net much now he's became a "working man" again.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Juan wrote:Just read this back and if I'm not mistaken then Oz adds 2 extra bolts on the lower clutch housing area. I would ask him but he can be a Mardy old bugger and doesn't get on the 'net much now he's became a "working man" again.

He came on the old forum quite a bit...............but dont see owt of him on here now. Shame, as he had nice scoots.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Gunny

I've been more than happy with the way scooter has performed over the years.
Bought it new from MSC 1995 with all custom paint and then a cosa barrell all ported ran it for a year blew it up.
Got MB to do me an engine that would sit 2 up at 80-85 mph with a bit of grunt that is excatly what he gave me.
The scooter has been to iow 3 times Dublin 2 holiday in holland 2 plus loads of local rallies.
it,s been thrashed & smashed to bits as i never went easy on it.

Learned that the clutch would last 1800 - 2500 miles by then i had to replace not only the plates but new springs as well or i;d only get 40 miles before the plates were f##cked
Depending on the weather i'd have to move the clip up or down a notch on the carb
Depening on the distance between a b10 and b8 sparkplug
All these things made a difference on how the scooter performed and not to blow it up.
The scooter covered probably 12000 miles over the 3 years like this

Eventually got bored with the paint in 2000 and swapped it with a mate for a mat black standard scooter we just swappad engine and few other bits. 4 weeks later i smashed it to f##k into a glasgow taxi my mate done the same thing 2 months later to the custom paint in Dublin.

Got MB watercool built from bits from the smash and old p2 casings i had sitting (not do that again) ran it for about 4 years in a black and purple full frame before smashing it into a wall. Dynod on holiday in holland 2002 at 23bhp this time with a taffspeed goldline exhaust top speed of 96 mph (on the dyno) and its done about anohter 4000 miles this time.
Decided on another custom scooter project but the engine sat in the garage for 3 years only just put it on the road earlier this year again built by MSC.

Cheers Gunny
Gunny

Sean i'd quite like something else added to the spec ?? as long as it wouldn't take away from the relability but anything over 85mph on a large frame vespa and the whole scooter starts to float about like s**t..
The scooter sat at 80 two up easy. so an extra bit would be fun
Let me know when the casings arrive. enjoy!!

Gunny
RICSPEED

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
Juan wrote:Just read this back and if I'm not mistaken then Oz adds 2 extra bolts on the lower clutch housing area. I would ask him but he can be a Mardy old bugger and doesn't get on the 'net much now he's became a "working man" again.

He came on the old forum quite a bit...............but dont see owt of him on here now. Shame, as he had nice scoots.
id seen that he had had a bit of a falling out over on the scooter scene forum ,he seems to have gone awol since then
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information