Water Cooled Suzuki 220 MRB

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Toppy

so is there any point doing this to a normal 125 barrel? :?
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Mate,if its a T5 you have,drop worb225 a message when you see him post on here.He had a T5 and it had little done to it,it didnt have this work done on it and trust me,it was fast! Very few scooters including TS1`s ever came past him when he was going for it in top.The T5 was a work of art in the 1st place but if you can get hold of a MK1 Mickek,your halfway there.Its a shame this scooter no longer exists.
hungdog

sean brady scooters wrote:I,ll try to get some pics up soon,of the spiggot cut down to gasket surface if thats what you want to see...
But,theres more that can be done on these.... :D
I,ll try to explain as best as i can for now until i get some more pics taken and posted...
If you are familiar with the malossi 166 ,172 and 210 kits you may have noticed that all the pistons have holes in them (about 1 cm below rings)which only on the 166/210 kits line up with ,and feed directly into the very short transfer passages...and so giving a much shorter route for the intake charge from behind the piston crown into the trans...another advantage of this is piston cooling.
for some reason the 172 kit (although the piston has these holes )...differs in design with the extra long passage walls...hence blocking this beneficial effect.
so basically the transfer port inner walls on a malossi 172 can be cut right down ,and well below the gasket surface until they line up with the piston holes at BDC..... :D
Like this pic of a malossi 180 you have doneImage
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

sean brady scooters wrote:..........if anyone could please help with ideas/pics etc of how to best beef up/re inforce casings..................i would be very gratefull..............
i have some ideas myself ,but would really like to see a whole range of opptions before i decide what is the best to do .....................
cracked casings on tuned vespas is alarmingly quite common....................so please lets hear some input to sort this out......................
thanks in advance...............
sean
I've cracked no end of casings but since adding the two extra fixings the TS1 has been ok, (thank f@@k!! Wouldn't want to do another set for it)

drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Casings coming along nicely:

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
hungdog

sean brady scooters wrote:I,ll try to get some pics up soon,of the spiggot cut down to gasket surface if thats what you want to see...
But,theres more that can be done on these.... :D
I,ll try to explain as best as i can for now until i get some more pics taken and posted...
If you are familiar with the malossi 166 ,172 and 210 kits you may have noticed that all the pistons have holes in them (about 1 cm below rings)which only on the 166/210 kits line up with ,and feed directly into the very short transfer passages...and so giving a much shorter route for the intake charge from behind the piston crown into the trans...another advantage of this is piston cooling.
for some reason the 172 kit (although the piston has these holes )...differs in design with the extra long passage walls...hence blocking this beneficial effect.
so basically the transfer port inner walls on a malossi 172 can be cut right down ,and well below the gasket surface until they line up with the piston holes at BDC..... :D
How the build going on this, any more updates pic's please :bouncing:
Gunny

How's the casing coming on Sean ?
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

Stirling Hopkirk wrote:
sean brady scooters wrote:..........if anyone could please help with ideas/pics etc of how to best beef up/re inforce casings..................i would be very gratefull..............
i have some ideas myself ,but would really like to see a whole range of opptions before i decide what is the best to do .....................
cracked casings on tuned vespas is alarmingly quite common....................so please lets hear some input to sort this out......................
thanks in advance...............
sean
I've cracked no end of casings but since adding the two extra fixings the TS1 has been ok, (thank f@@k!! Wouldn't want to do another set for it)

looks good but would you get same result leavinbg the cover alone and welding some more meat on the inside at primary mate?
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

C*NTSPEED wrote: looks good but would you get same result leavinbg the cover alone and welding some more meat on the inside at primary mate?
Casing is very thin there, so didnt want to do to much welding in that area and risk distortion.
The two extra bolts has been an easy and effective solution.
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

Stirling Hopkirk wrote:
C*NTSPEED wrote: looks good but would you get same result leavinbg the cover alone and welding some more meat on the inside at primary mate?
Casing is very thin there, so didnt want to do to much welding in that area and risk distortion.
The two extra bolts has been an easy and effective solution.

knowlage is the bomb! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information