Px disc bleeding problem

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
weedodger
Main scooter: Indian gp casa 185 and 200

mates young lad had a prang, required new mudguard, its been replaced, and iv bled the front as in the manual also folowing what iv googled, but the brake lever is not showing any signs of tightening,
Im using the bleed valve, with a clear pipe into the container of dot 4, pressing brake lever 3 times, holding it, then opening valve and closing , repeating......

can there be anything else wrong ? we have tried this method 3 or 4 times, bubbles come fromm the valve, but after theyve stopped, still nothing at all on the brake lever, not a thing!!!
Polossi220
Main scooter: Vespa PX220

How do uncle Steve had similar probs try leaving nipple open and just let fluid trickle through keep topping up master cylinder I left mine for about an hour I had as many bubbles come up into cylinder as came out the nipple at bottom
dennis
Main scooter: 1 gp 1 special

I get an extra long piece of clear tube (aboout a metre from fish tank shop) stick it on the nipple and just suck it through until it appears in the tube, and i use dot 5 silicone,saves your paint.
The good thing about doing it this way is you can also keep an eye on the master cylinder aswel, mines a lambretta disc brake.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

If no joy get a big syringe and force the fluid through in reverse
dennis

Get a long piece of clear hose (from fish tank shop) and suck through til it appears in the tube,tube wants to be about a metre long so you can keep an eye on the master cylinder aswell, dot 5 fluid for me it saves your pant.
don't suck it to your mouth, just until it apearrs.
Shaunbond

You can also buy a cheap one way valve to put in the line. This way all you have to do is keep slowly pumping the lever as it doesn't allow air to be drawn back into the system.
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
dennis

Is that a non return valve?,can't see how that works if it is.
weedodger
Main scooter: Indian gp casa 185 and 200

b@11@x, stripped caliper, piston was out a bit, put new pads it, glad we did, put all back together, tightened up bleed valve, pressed brake lever, and fluid coming out bleed valve at top?
lambro

weedodger wrote:b@11@x, stripped caliper, piston was out a bit, put new pads it, glad we did, put all back together, tightened up bleed valve, pressed brake lever, and fluid coming out bleed valve at top?
Out the nipple?
If its out of the hole in the nipple, or round the threaded area AND its done up tight, you may have lost the ball bearing seal, or stripped the thread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information