carbon clutch plates

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
goldeneye

just ordered a set for me Cosa clutch (welded /banded, x strong springs etc.) never used them before, so , whats the verdict? ive used the piaggio/newfren version for years, and put them in peoples scoots, usually with no bother. but the twos up , loaded with luggage hill starts at Whitby, coupled with a thrash down to Newark, has made me clutch slip over 70mph. and what oil are you using? GP 80 thicker oil someone said....someone else said thin motorcycle gear oil!
gavi4t
Main scooter: lambretta gp450

kev donne got some for his mallossi p2 years ago Jeffers , he said they were the only ones that stopped clutch slip matey
goldeneye

cheers pete.
Jack221
Main scooter: PX221

Really pleased with them in mine. First time out was a bit grabby on pull away but a new thrust washer sorted that.
Vespa est ieiunas, quia semper operaturi
goldeneye

what GB oil you running jack?
Jack221

Just standard SAE30 lawnmower oil. Once bedded in it just feels like a standard clutch but no high speed slip :D
goldeneye

heard that as well, just use straight 30. so, straight 30 it is then.
ducksta

i tested some a year ago for chislespeed in my t5 malossi in a cosa clutch, i took them out in the end would slip and creap but like everything else in the scootering world it works for some but not others
live life your a long time dead
goldeneye

putting them in next week, then a blatt to Cleethorpes via Whitby/scab/Brid/ humber bridge to test them out. I"ll keep some spare ones and tools in case they are s**t.
Jack221

Thats a good point! For them not to slip you need big springs too. I have 10 SIP XXL springs in an MMW superstrong basket.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information