carbon clutch plates

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
goldeneye

update on these...basically, I thought they were shite. slipped at anything approaching higher revs, 50mph was a struggle sometimes. tried 3 different kinds of oil, sae 30 , GP80 , and some fully synth motorcycle gear oil, all slipped like buggery. I was trying different gearing with the JL pipe, so had the clutch out a couple of times. the tangs of the friction plates were badly mushroomed after 30 miles (clutch basket is ok condition) and the material used has no give in it, even after soaking well, its like a kitchen worktop to touch. so, out with the new , in with the old, (newfren cork plates, dimpled metal plates, Worb 5 x strong springs) in the welded banded cosa clutch basket.....straight up to 70mph on the clock,no slip or drag, and pulled well into the wind.at 40 quid a set, I wasn't very pleased. (the "take off" or pull away with these was as juddery as a juddery thing as well)
Jack221
Main scooter: PX221

I still have the carbon plates in mine and they are great. No slip or judder :) I think the springs are the issue with yours. Just strong springs are not enough. I have ten of the SIP XXL springs http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... a_93122000
Vespa est ieiunas, quia semper operaturi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information