Rally 200 clutch help

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

Still learning with these engines.

So I fit a working Vespa clutch to this engine and when it finally kicked over and put it into gear, there was massive judders as I let the clutch out. Enough to cause me concern

Today I have removed the clutch to see if there was a spacer washer between the clutch housing and the crank, thinking this may be the reason. But it does look like it is in place, see photos. However, it is jammed on the crank, in that it does not spin round, could this be the reason for the judder. I appreciate that the problem may be the cush drive, but I want to eliminate one thing at a time.

Plus, can I replace that stupid castlated nut with a more modern Cosa nut????

Thanks

Paul
sean brady scooters
Dealer

that spacer washer is located onto the crank with the woodruff key and so turns with the crank ,it does not "spin "on the crank independantly .
it also looks very worn and grooved which will not help the clutch to work properly ,it needs to be perfectly flat to work .
and yes you can change to a cosa type nut instead of the castleated one ,think that AL at diablo scooters had some made .
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Jack221
Main scooter: PX221

Yep, that spacer is worn out. And that is the cause of the judder. It will come off. Some are just a tight fit
Vespa est ieiunas, quia semper operaturi
goldeneye

looks like your cush drive has been repaired in the past as well, or the rivets peened over to keep the plates on .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information