Sealing pad repair kit (LML reedvalve)

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
vespaloco
Main scooter: changes by the day

Like a lot of Vespa riders im sure youve all got of a plie of buggered P200 casing in the garage that had sucked something down the inlet normally the tickover screw.
Anyhow a Uk & German dealer sells a repair kit using a cutdown LML reedvalves for 160 pounds 180 euro.Which seems a bit steep too be honest so ive always held back in regard to getting my money out.
But as good P200 engines edge toward 500 pounds thought it might be time to look again.
Another guy in Germany also offers these reddvalves at a much more attractive 50 euro so ive taken the plunge and ordered 2 for starters.
Have any for you lads used these have you used them purely to repair a scrap pair of casing or linked the repair part with say a Polini or Mallosi 210 with say a SIP road pipe.
Are any jetting changes required once fitted.
And finally are they plug and play or do you grind out the whole pad area to match the bottom plate of the kit.

Regards and thanks in advance,
hobospeed

Where did you get yours from? I have friend who is looking for a solution like this for his damaged rotary valve. I remember seeing some on a German site a few years ago but haven't been able to find them again (forgot to book mark it).

Thanks!
Muttley McLadd

Aren't they about six quid on ebay?

Are you talking about these?
CakeAndArseParty
gaz_powell

I made my own - just looked at the ones on SIP, SCK and Beedspeed

got one of the lml reedvalves and reduced the height

then made a spacer block for it to sit in

I`ve never got round to trying but cant see why it wont work

cant post photos but if you pm your email I will send you some - have a look on vespa club forum

Its very simple really - be interesting to see what jetting is like
vespaloco

[quote="Muttley McLadd"]Aren't they about six quid on ebay?

Yes these but they sit inside a CNC machined box if you like which fits between the crankcase and carb box.The mounting plate is where the work is.
But you arew correct the conversion is based on LML reedvalves are fitted and used yes.

Email the guy on elaze@gmx.de Certainly seems a better deal than the prices being charged a well known German scooter tuning supplier.
vespaloco

gaz_powell wrote:I made my own - just looked at the ones on SIP, SCK and Beedspeed

got one of the lml reedvalves and reduced the height

then made a spacer block for it to sit in

I`ve never got round to trying but cant see why it wont work

cant post photos but if you pm your email I will send you some - have a look on vespa club forum

Its very simple really - be interesting to see what jetting is like
Ive ordered 2 delivered to me in Spain at 107euro all in so has to be worth a gamble really.Look forward to getting the grinder out.
Ginch
Main scooter: Vespa 150 Super

vespaloco wrote: Have any for you lads used these have you used them purely to repair a scrap pair of casing or linked the repair part with say a Polini or Mallosi 210 with say a SIP road pipe.
Have a read here - http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic93904
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information