QUATTRINI M1XL

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

No pump on mine just fast flow tap... but I am thinking of fitting a fuel pump to this & another engine over the winter. TBH the only time I have a problem with fuel starvation on this one is if I let it go onto reserve - then it'll struggle to draw enough fuel... but I just try not to ride past a petrol station!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

scootnz wrote:Hi Cartmel808, just wondering what you did with the carb in the end? I am struggling to fit a carb in my M1XL quattrini and it may help to know what carb you used after all, or any modifications you had to do to make it work.
Also forgot to add... when Sean Brady built the engine, he did say that he'd re-angled the inlet manifold slightly & also filed a bit of material off of the crank case to to allow the carb to sit better...

I'll see if I can get a couple of pics of mine & post them up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Yep, I know what you mean. I am currently suffering with a similar situation on one of my motors (actually on 'the other' make/marque!), with the same situation of all being well until I get down to 1/3 of a tank, then the jetting starts to feel lean and the plug colour is nasty, with it actually cutting out (through starvation) if I hold it open too long. This situation did lead to seizure and slight plating damage on the one occasion that I let it run low, which was also the incident that made me realise what the issue was!

I've tried reading up on fuel pumps that there isn't that much decent info out there. Sure, there is info but nothing (that I found) in the way of an idiots guide, which would be good for me as I've never needed to spec' (rates, etc.), source, fit or set one up before.

Good luck with the project... looking good :)

Adam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information