QUATTRINI M1XL

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

How is that exhaust working. Have you managed to get the carb sorted out.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

GLscoot wrote:How is that exhaust working. Have you managed to get the carb sorted out.
I've not had it fired up yet Gary - been a bit bogged down of late, with workload, holidays, ect.... tbh there's only really the final wiring connections to finish & a couple of small things still to button up, so I'm hoping to get some garage time in over the weekend & should get the thing finished & running....
cartmel808

goldeneye wrote:you"ll need the number for Flavells engineering to weld up your exhaust when it splits . my stainless JL is on its third set of welding. great pipes, but the stainless ones split for fun. great looking scoot by the way, I hope you get the carb probs sorted so I can have that go you promised ;)
Offer still stands mate.... just need to get the little f@@ker finished & running. ;)
cartmel808

I've been looking @ different hydraulic disc front end conversions for me M1XL project.... I already had a modified PK fork conversion in the garage which I built-up & tried - but it makes the front end sit-up too high & just looks wrong to me.

So in the end I bit the bullet & ordered this conversion from Scooter & Service...

Image010 by dent.graham, on Flickr

Image012 by dent.graham, on Flickr

It's a Cosa fork leg with the top section cut & then modified to suit your scooter - but the bottom leg is also cut & shortened by around 50mm, so you get the same approx length as the original rally/sprint type fork. This keeps the front end @ the original height & also allows the fitment of some better front shock options - which you can spec when ordering, plus you can spec different hub & disc options & finish to fork/hub/caliper.

The fork came as shown in the pictures, fully built up, powder coated & basically ready to install..... I now just need to get the front mudguard modified to suit & then I can see if it all fits! :?
GLscoot

It does look good and I hope the mudguard fits. What about the headset, master cylinder and brake hose. Did scooter & service sort this out for you as well.
Gary
cartmel808

GLscoot wrote:It does look good and I hope the mudguard fits. What about the headset, master cylinder and brake hose. Did scooter & service sort this out for you as well.
Gary
No - I've got a SIP master cylinder & hose kit, and I got someone local to do the work to the headset so that I can fit the master cylinder.
GLscoot

Brake Hose

http://www.helperformance.com/create-yo ... -hose.html

Check the colours out. I'm sure there are more colours.

Gary
cartmel808

Cheers for the link Gary.... wish i'd known about it sooner as the hose kit I bought from SIP was more than twice the price of this one. :cry:
GLscoot

cartmel808 wrote:Cheers for the link Gary.... wish i'd known about it sooner as the hose kit I bought from SIP was more than twice the price of this one. :cry:
Always pays to ask first, The knowledge on this forum is second to none. Ive saved hundreds of pounds just by asking about parts on here. I would also check ebay.it for parts first as well. Even with postage charges parts are a lot cheaper.
Gary
gadgetman

How is this bike progressing not heard anything for a while
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information