Sneak Peak

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
T5-190

So I've been busy in the man cave (shed). I bought a Vespa PK last year and have desided to re make all the body and panel work in carbon fibre. I filled all the holes for the lights, flashers, number plate, panel locks etc. Then made fibre glass moulds and from these made carbon fibre parts using water clear epoxy resin.

Just need trimming and bonding together, moulds in the background.

I have made moulds for the centre spine but need to make the legshield mould yet.
fastfrog
Main scooter: T5 mk1, SS180, PX200 millenium

whaooo! that's fookin interesting!! :o :o
Size matters!
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

Nice work. 225worb will be orgasmic!!
Roondie
Main scooter: PX125 MIDNIGHT BLUE 2013

That is going to look super, how much lighter will it be?
T5-190

Roondie wrote:That is going to look super, how much lighter will it be?

Not sure at the moment, but I will measure what I cut off the PK frame when I'm finished. I will be making a 20mm tube frame for the rear section to fit on too. As done by ducksta on his T5. This will make working on a smallframe engine better.
225worb
Main scooter: Vespa 225, Falc , 230 S2

OH MY that's the absolute nuts ....
Are you going to have it completely carbon or have a the main monocoq butcovered in the carbon shell...
How much work/time /money has it taken to get to this stage ???
What power unit do you think youll opt for......got to be the Falc or the new Quatrinni 2... :twisted: 00
more pictures please
T5-190

225worb wrote:OH MY that's the absolute nuts ....
Are you going to have it completely carbon or have a the main monocoq butcovered in the carbon shell...
How much work/time /money has it taken to get to this stage ???
What power unit do you think youll opt for......got to be the Falc or the new Quatrinni 2... :twisted: 00
more pictures please

Hi 225worb, I have made moulds for all the Pk. The rear end is a split mould so a one piece can be made or a two part like I've made. I made a mould for the main spine for the scooter too. This I may not use, I may just cover the spine with carbon fibre to give it the look. But I have made a moulds for the legshields, one for the inside and an other for the outside. That way they can both have a smooth finish. All the parts will be bonded together using F1 epoxy black resin.

Cost wise, not a lot so far. I work for a company that makes machines for the F1 industry, so the odd roll of carbon and resin does come my way. Plus all the know how I can muster.

Engine wise I think it will be a Falc 153cc or a Quatirri 200cc, but I'm not at that stage yet. Damn work keeps me away from home too much at the moment. I have China next month.

More pictures as it happens.
225worb
Main scooter: Vespa 225, Falc , 230 S2

Well,
what a quality job , it looks as if it going to be trick as !!!!
And you've chosen a pk to use ....gets my vote even more ;)
Have you had any experience with the Falc or anything as nuts (for a smally)
I offer you an invitation to come and give mine a go and ring its kneck to give you an idea of what to put in it ;) .... I havernt got the Quatrinni 200 though him afraid
Ill be following your progress.....
Let me know .....!!!
T5-190

It had to be a PK for me, it was one of those scooters I could'nt afford when I was a teenager way back in the early 80's. I bought this little blue one last year for £500 off E-bay, one owner from new etc. Engine wise, iv'e only ever played with P2's and T5's really. But I'm looking forward to it, there seems to be so much out there these days for the humble smallframe. I've been following a few threads over on Vespa Smallframe forum for engine builds. I must get around to joining the forum too. The new Quatrinni 200cc looks the absolute nuts with all the matching parts and price wise works out about the same as doing a full blown Falc. And maybe the Quatrinni would make a better day to day riding machine.

Juan

That looks like a cracking base and midnight blue just like my first one back in '86. I'd recommend the first thing you get for it is the 80/100/125 fork and front hub arrangement..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information