Stiff gears

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bifter
Main scooter: vespa p210

What could cause a px to hard to put in gear ? not the actual slotting in but the actual movement of the bars ? I got rid of my px in a deal and the bloke now says he cant get it in gear ,now compared to the one i swapped with yes the px are stiffer but only more precise not hard whereas the ones on his old scoot that i now have are like flying in the wind they are so loose .

So is it just him needing to man up or could there be a problem ?
goldeneye

usually inner cables rusted to outer, or melted where they go past the exhaust. if its a rusty cable, its usually the bottom one on the headset that gets all the s**t thrown at it, that's the first thing I check if I do a px with stiff gears, and 9 times out of ten its this.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

I have also found that the new nylon lined outer cables are fcking shiite, I think the asians are flooding the market with these crap PX cable set. I wanted black ones to keep with the colour scheme so it maybe just the set I bought, but worth having a look.
3narf
Main scooter: 1966 Vespa 150 standard (VBB2T

Bifter wrote:
So is it just him needing to man up...
I think there's an element of that! Anyone who can't sort this probably shouldn't have a scooter.
Bifter
Main scooter: vespa p210

Thanks guys ,starting to wish i had never done the deal now .That scooter never let me down once and i rode most days in all weathers ,now you would think its only fit for scrap :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information