Light and switch rewiring

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lcs99

Vespa sprint 1971. Got this but have no idea what goes where? don't know if it is wired up properly etc, I have 1 white wire, 1 red, 1 violet,
1 brown, 2 yellow , 2 green to switch end ! headlight black earth, yellow, violet, small bulb 1 brown, 1 black earth. whats wrong see pictures, thanks

GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

On the actual light switch, where it looks like the green is connected, thats the horn. Does your cover have a small black switch, thats the kill switch which should run all the way to your ht coil. I will try and work the others out. Is this switch original or remade. What engine is in the scooter.
lcs99

Hi GL Scoot, It has a small side kill switch, 125 engine 6 volt, I think the switch is original, Cheers lcs
GLscoot

Red wire is your kill switch. Try connecting yellow to the connection above the red wire and remove the white wire. Im pretty sure you do not need to earth the switch, just like the rear break switch is not earthed.
GLscoot

As your light is in two parts each part will need earthed
lcs99

Thanks, I will have a go at the weekend. Cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information