Rally with er...points

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fraggleexport
Main scooter: vespa sprint

Thanks chaps.....

I was after how to find out about the crank because I guess thats how I would be able to spec a new flywheel. Currently I dont know what to buy. But before that the pesky stuck middle bit...

Ive got a puller coming from a mate tomorrow...so will try that first. The circlip doesnt look like it made its way over to the UK ;)

If not its good to know there may be a way to hold it from behind too with the con rod. Cheers
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

I would get the correct circlip fit that, bolt the flywheel back up, and get some pressure on the nut then tap the nut with a hammer to see if you can shock the flywheel off the taper . Just another option good luck with it :D
soullad
Dealer

Cheers for pic, its just that I have seen some early crossover casings that had been machined for points and femsa type ignitions, but yours hasn't, shame as it would have been handy for you!
As for the rest of the engine, and seeing how you don't know its history, why not treat it to a rebuild?
fraggleexport

OK thanks anyway...the plot thickens!

It was always going to get taken apart, just not before the body work had been sent off to the blasters. This will give my shed a bit of breathing space. I just got tempted to start doing a bit of sleuthing on the engine a few evenings ago:-)

I'll start a pictured thread soon with the whole project so its then that the questions will be coming thick n fast..
fraggleexport

OK splendid...Its off! Made a little flywheel boss holder and undid the nut (after copious helpings of WD). Then the three legged puller did the rest.

So how now do I tell what crank it is? or do I need to disassemble more before being able to tell?

Thanks Kevin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information