SIP caliper

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

has no one tried contacting Sybil from SIP on the forum, she normally answers in a couple of days. but to be honest sometimes it takes me 10mins on the other hand i have spent hours. If i remember, a mechanic told me to remove the caliper from the bike lay it on the floor and start bleeding the line, once it starts dribbling out the nipple tighten the bleed nipple and fit, then do the whole process till you have got the right pressure on the lever. make sure the fluid in the reservoir never goes below the two holes otherwise you are pumping air straight back into the line and protect the brake pads when the calliper is on the floor.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I've got a taper style nipple and I'm going uptake out the BB one and give they taking the caliper off thing a try on Saturday when I can get back down to it
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
coaster

rosscla wrote:I've got a taper style nipple and I'm going uptake out the BB one and give they taking the caliper off thing a try on Saturday when I can get back down to it
Seriously, go to the chemists and ask if you can buy a syringe without the needle, my local Boots obliged but the pharmacist did question what I wanted it for :oops: Anyway, he just gave it to me in the end. Fill the reservoir and undo the nipple, attach the syringe to the nipple via a plastic tube and then pull on the plunger. It MUST then suck the fluid down from the master cylinder. It took me a couple of goes but didn't take long, I'd tried it previously on a ScootRs setup having failed to get it to bleed by conventional means and TBH, the SIP was easier.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Now sorted thanks for all the advice.

Replaced the bleed nipple on the caliper with an 'easy bleed' one - no leaking past the threads. Nipped up the nipple pumped a few times released the nipple a bit, topped up the master, put the top on, nipped up the nipple again a few more pumps and it hardened up nicely.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
mad-bry

rosscla wrote:nipped up the nipple again a few more pumps and it hardened up nicely.
Read that and wondered which forum I was on!
That'll teach me to read the last post first! :oops:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information