T5 taffspeed pipe?

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fruitjuice

I'm currently running a T5 with a Polini 152 on the standard Piagio exhaust, but it's rusting to bits so will need a new pipe soon.
In my shed I have brand new Taffspeed pipe with a 200 engine downpipe but the latest Scootering PX125 Exhaust shootout it states these pipes were designed to work on 125(T5?) and 200cc engines.
Is there a T5 downpipe I can fit to the expansion and how would this perform on the Polini kit compared to the standard exhaust?

Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Why not try it and see ?
ridden not hidden

yes you can get a t5 down pipe for them. i dont have experience with the kit you have but i used a "genuine" not remade taffspeed pipe with a malossi kit and it went very well.
soulboy
Main scooter: t5 172 and a bit more

sell it me please and ill give ya a pm pipe
Fruitjuice

I've already sent a mail to Taffspeed enquiring about a downpipe, but haven't received a reply yet.
If you have, or know somebody who might have a new or used but good condition T5 downpipe for the above Taffspeed exhaust, get in touch because I might be interested in buying it.
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
gimp1971
Main scooter: vespa t5

I needed a downpipe for my pipe contacted Taffspeed and he only had 1 said I would have it and never heard anything from him again I did get one from Welsh scooterparts but it didn't fit properly so had to fettle it then after about 150 miles it snapped but have since had it welded and its fine now one did go on ebay couple months back for about £65
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information