SIP caliper

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Anyone else had trouble bleeding a SIP caliper?

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon trying to get mine bled with no success. For some reason the fluid wouldn't go unto the tube from the bleed nipple. Every time I loosened the nipple a little it would leak past the threads.

I am also starting to suspect the seals in the master.

Any suggestions?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

What I do is attach a pipe onto the bleed nipple , which in turn goes into another bottle of brake fluid , so not allowing air back into the system .
Works for me.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

It's a crap bleed system with a ball bearing under the nipple. I changed mine to a tapered one and it bled straight away after messing about for ages.
rosscla

bazman wrote:What I do is attach a pipe onto the bleed nipple , which in turn goes into another bottle of brake fluid , so not allowing air back into the system .
Works for me.
Was like an old joke this afternoon mate.

How many men does it take to bleed a brake using a 'one man' brake bleeding system?

Answer - three, me, scud and grog and still not fecking working....
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
rosscla

wack 63 wrote:It's a crap bleed system with a ball bearing under the nipple. I changed mine to a tapered one and it bled straight away after messing about for ages.
What size bleed nipple is it, I might try this?
philhnottm
Main scooter: px (s)

spent all day Saturday doing the same with someone who knows what they are doing n two scoots.

ended up fitting a standard one as could only get one working satisfactory
coaster

I had no trouble bleeding mine using a syringe to suck the fluid through from the nipple.
warts
Main scooter: honda

If all else fails, a Gunsons Easibleed will do it. Only difficulty is adapting a master cylinder cap.
Never had much joy with the "automatic" nipples.
H,POOL GADGE
Main scooter: vespa polini220/gts 300

Headache arn they! took me 3hrs one day 2hrs the next, take caliper off disc and turn it and tap it to get air to the nipple, another tackle fanny headache part, but work well and smart....
goldeneye

was gonna get one...think ill stick with the Grimeca...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information