which kit for a rally touring px200

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
AUSSIE

I'm in the market for a new kit for my px200 disc. I'm a big fan of the old polini cast iron 208 so I was thinking of the new polini aluminium 208 but now malossi has the new sport 210.
So which would make a better touring machine??????
I want to keep autolube and probably fit a polini induction kit thoughts please. Dave
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

My thinking off the new polini myself along with the new mb/bgm road pipe should give me a good tourer.
As for malossi , I still think it'll be too revvy , although have not heard anyone buy one yet?
Don't want to be a guinea pig myself lol
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

Have you considered the Harry Barlow of Pro Porting 'stage 4' set up? It uses the autolube[if fitted] and a SIP Road or Sito plus pipe.I know he's done a few and Sticky was quite impressed with it.Cheers,Speedy.
AUSSIE

Hi speedy, yes considered the HB stage 4 but its still using restricted transfers. I don't mined splitting the cases getting the crank inlet altered and matching the transfer ports.
All reports I've seen about malossi kit still say you have to use t5 short gear which is the opposite way I want to go.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

Aha,i'm with you mi duck.Cheers,Speedy.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

HB conversion =at very most 12 bhp,and i am being very generous here based on our dyno results after testing a few .

with the polini touring kit an easy 16bhp plus loads more torque is available.
bit of a no brainer tbh,and it still pulls the std 4th gear ..with futher tuning it can easily achieve 19bhp plus with serious torque ..16 ft lbs .
maybe "hartleypool gadge
" could confirm as he has had both options
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
H,POOL GADGE
Main scooter: vespa polini220/gts 300

Aussie, i've had the HB stage 4, t5 cog, jL,it revs well and pulls but can be screamy after 60mph, stage 4 revvy with some amount of torque...I'm on a recently built POLINI 220 alloy, by S BRADY, 60MM crank, standard 4, standard 24/24, premix, Jl, everthing matched up. pulls 4th with ease, 60mph is very very strong and pulls and pulls @ a 1/3 throttle and therefore econimical, perfect tourer with an element of high rev fun, gave me forearm ache, when i first rode it...Which do i prefer??? Polini, there's no comparison between the 2
goldeneye

I'm doing a Polossi for meself, 26 SI and JL r/hand. frame will be the constraint, as its a bit ginger and in bits. gonna use a heavy flywheel and 22/68 primaries on px125 box. its for next year, but I hope it goes ok. I like the polini torque, and the malossi piston is very good quality , rings are top drawer. gonna use the polini gudgeon pin, as its way lighter than the malossi item. clutch is an old style 3 plate with a ring welded round it. ive got an Augusto on another scoot I could try as well. I"ll let ya know how it goes.
ArmandTanzarian

You could do a lot worse than a Harry Barlow tune with a long stroke crank a SIP pipe and a T5 fourth gear. Mine was dynoed at 14HP. On the road it rides just like a standard P2 with great mileage etc but unlike a standard P2, doesn't slow down in headwinds or when it reaches a hill. It got me and two weeks worth of luggage to Italy and back across the Alps no bother.

Never having owned a Vespa before I took it for granted but riding with a mate who has a standard P2 was a revelation. Mine just kept on going whenever we reached a hill and he was down into third. He also struggled to get past lorries because of the wind where I had no problems at all.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
goldeneye

agreed that the HB 200 is a good bit of kit, had one on all last year,with a Simonini, then a SIP road pipe, went well with both (bit better with the simmo tbh) was like a "proper" P200E, if you know what I mean... I would love to try the alloy Polini 210..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information