Sip Brake Caliper PROBLEM.

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
H,POOL GADGE
Main scooter: vespa polini220/gts 300

Hi, px200e anybody experienced any problems with the sip caliper catching the inner tube valve!!! the back of the caliper rubs/catches the bend on the valve, why's that...only solution is to me is to re-drill the rim, closer to were the 2 wheel rims come together, should'n have to do that should ye, or do ye????? plus they take forever to bleed!!!!!
ps all me rim valve holes are all in the same place...
CutdownSpence
Main scooter: 1966 Silver Special

The tube takes ages to bleed the pressure out ?
One Of England's Finest Salad Dodger's.
goldeneye

used to get this problem quite often on some Piaggio Grimeca calipers as well. had to gently grind the back of the pad locating pin , to stop the innertube valve hitting it. happened mainly with Michelin Airstop inner tubes. dunno about the SIP version, as ive never fitted one. (but I'm in the market for one for my T5 , so watching the outcome.......)
goldeneye

is this with split rims ? or SIP tubeless? the SIP tubeless on mine (T5, drums front and rear at the minute) I had to grind away a bit of the drum hubs front and back, as the valves were sitting "on the pi,ss" , and would have popped otherwise.
H,POOL GADGE

split rims Gadge!!! i don't see any other option apart from re-drill the valve hole in the rim, closer to where the 2 rims meet!!! £85's worth of Fookin tackle fanny shite again Bah!!!
and Sip says....fits existing brake system no modifications are required. WELL i ..............
goldeneye

any chance of a fotie dinger?
Jack221
Main scooter: PX221

Change the make of innertube! Some rub on the caliper and some dont! :geek:
Vespa est ieiunas, quia semper operaturi
H,POOL GADGE

brightened the pic up so ye can see valve catching caliper, valve hole needs to be moved at least 5mm/1/4''...Bah!
G/eye, in the past i've had to file the back of the brake pad pin on the grimeca in the past!
What inner tubes out there have the tightest 90 deg valves on them anyone??????

[img][IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii22 ... photo9.jpg[/img][/img]
goldeneye

if you could get a tube with a shorter valve it would miss. better than drilling rims etc. try someone elses wheel on it, see if that does it. easy stuff first.
H,POOL GADGE

Sorted nearly...theres 2/3 different rim types!!! U TYPE - means the valve hole is further away from where the 2 rims meet (therefore rubs the back of the caliper [img][IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii22 ... hoto10.jpg[/img][/img]
V TYPE - means the hole is closer to where the rims meet (which means the valve passes caliper) [img][IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii22 ... mage8.jpeg[/img][/img]

What a fookin carry on :x :x :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information