Any Difference?

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
junkyard
Main scooter: SX230 TS1

Can anyone tell me the difference between a Spanish P200 engine and a Itailain P200 OTHER than one being Spanish and the other not :?: Reason for asking is im wanting to put a rear disc kit on and i cant see the Spanish version listed anywhere,the engine number is M77 :?: :?:
Also are the all the bearings used within this engine the same as a standard P200 :?:

Cheers
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there`s a 90% probability you`ll get it wrong.
junkyard

Engine number is M73 not M77 :!: :!:

Cheers
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there`s a 90% probability you`ll get it wrong.
buttontobutton

I think it depends on the year. I had an early Spanish P2 engine and the electrics were made by Femsa but the flywheel side taper on the crank was completely different to both a standard Ducati P2 and a Femsa Rally 200. I believe the later Spanish P2s are the same as the Italian ones with Ducati electrics but I've not had one of these myself so somebody else may have a better answer for you in that regard.

The hub area on the Spanish engine I had was the same as early P2/Rally 200 so I would imagine the rear disc would fit without any problem.
junkyard

Its got Ducati electrics so fingers crossed its the same as the Italian lump, cheers for the reply will do a bit more digging before I jump in and lash out me cash ;)
vespaloco
Main scooter: changes by the day

[quote="junkyard"]Can anyone tell me the difference between a Spanish P200 engine and a Itailain P200 OTHER than one being Spanish and the other not :?: Reason for asking is im wanting to put a rear disc kit on and i cant see the Spanish version listed anywhere,the engine number is M77 :?: :?:
Also are the all the bearings used within this engine the same as a standard P200 :?:

The first Spanish P200E with Femsa Electrics are completly different and must be avoided at all costs.These are known in Spain as the DS200.

Then Motovespa released the Spanish version of the P200E.availible in Spain with either Femsa or Ducati electrics.Ducati motors are identical to Piaggio motors but engine number is 9DN.

IRIS motors (EFL) engines are again identical to Piaggio motors but came with Femsa motoplat or Ducati stators.Good news here is all can be retro fitted with Ducati parts without modification.
Another bonus most Spanish motors are non oil injection unless fitted with electric start also.IRIS casing are marked 78M.
TX200 engines are also indentical and marked 118M.

Vespaloco Alicante.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information