PX221 advice

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Jack221
Main scooter: PX221

I posted this in Welcome but I think it is better suited here.

For the last year or so I have been working on a PX200 Disc with the sole purpose of making the fastest road reliable scoot I can. It is a Polini 207 iron Barrel, Malossi 210 piston, Mercure 60mm gas flowed crank (modified), VHSH30CS Flat slde carb, Custom Worb5 head, Lightened flywheel, SIP race clutch, JL RH. And all the barrel and casing porting has been done by me in my shed!
I'm still trying to finalise the jetting which now feels 99% ok. This is my first VHSH and seems much more complicated than any PHBH I have done before ;) I currently have 2.5 turns on the air screw, 68 pilot jet, B48 pilot atomiser, DQ267 Main Atomiser, K21 needle on 2nd clip, 190 main jet. How's this look to anyone who has done similar before?

This scoot really pulls like a train and is pretty scary on the motorway. It is tuned so it has broad power from fairly low down so it pulls 4th round town. Yet can still be thrashed over 8000 rpm in third gear! I am concerned it will break something expensive though. Any suggestions as to what I should strengthen more to delay it going bang? It doesnt need to be any faster. If I get a chance I'll put it on a Dyno just out of interest.
Vespa est ieiunas, quia semper operaturi
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

The casings are generally the weakest point on a tuned P2 lump. If really concerned i would take it to a decent alloy welder and strengthen the casings. As to where it should be strengthened..........
Jack221
Main scooter: PX221

In the past I've seen cases with weld all over the casings behind the clutch. Is this where you mean? I've had a load of trouble getting the clutch to not slip, so I have been checking my casings all too often.
I have a carbon clutch with a SIP race basket now but its looking pretty trashed after just 500 miles, so that wont last much longer. it is a shame cos its working really well right now. Anyone used the SIP extreme basket? They rekon it dont break!
http://assets.sip-scootershop.com/en/pr ... o_93245000
Vespa est ieiunas, quia semper operaturi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information