BGM Pro Shock, looks the biz, but doesn't fit!

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

I totally agree with that, But it cant be easy to marrie modern technology with basically at times pre war technology, im personally comfortable having to fettle certain parts as it gives you piece of mind it fits especially brakes/suspension parts, but I do agree plug and play would be a nice world to live in if not a little boring :grin:
For the record i know people involved in both the vw and old land rover scene and they live the same pain as us, both permanently have parts at work and spend most lunch breaks either fettling or re fabricating parts that were sold as "plug and play" :shock:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Did you read the bit about the non standard forks?

To me the link angle doesn't look right either which won't help but it could just be the angle in the picture.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
T5-190

I had the same problem when I fitted a Bitubo with a disc brake to a T5. Fitting button head screws worked a treat.
wax

The modifications to the forks are academic really. If you take the back plate and fit the shocker to it, the caliper bolts are in-accessable. Its a shame, because the shocker is a work of art. Really nicely made, with loads of adjustment. I went for a ride today, and the improvement in handling, over a stock shocker, were great.
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
Svint1

Funny how all blame the BGM shock...

But have any of you thought of it might be the Grimeca Disk brake that is the problem?

The BGM shock fits 100% on the PK or PX fork as intented.

The problem starts when you put on a Grimeca disk brake.
-I had the same issues with Bitubo on my PK fork...

The Bitubo fit when using the original drum brake, but by introducing the disk all trouble started...
President of Roughnecks Scooterclub

http://www.Roughnecks.no

1965 Vespa SS180 (218)
1971 Vespa 90 Racer
1986 Vespa PX250 (250 Rotax on CNC casings)
1987 Vespa PX210 with Cozy Sidecar
wax

Thats me told.

I have just been for a blast, and the shocker has transformed the ride, along with a new SIP rear one too.

On balance, well worth it. Until i have to change the pads, maybe.
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
Muttley McLadd

You don't need to take the caliper off to change the pads, do you?

Can't you just take the rim off and change them in situ?
CakeAndArseParty
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

Ive got a set of these forks how ever im going to fit the sip version of uprated shock to mine and ive been told to xpect some fettling will be required
Yours looks very nice indeed tho mate
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information