catastrophic....

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

;)
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

H,POOL GADGE wrote:DAN, SEAN, DAN, SEAN....Will ye please delete Norrie The Bodger! He's a gypsy stalker and he's trying to have me over on me JL....

hahahhaaaa steady Pensioner..
Eggy said come collect ya rack :shock:
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

hmm jl rhs pipes do like huge jets and ridiculas timing
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
H,POOL GADGE
Main scooter: vespa polini220/gts 300

orite c*nt, had a year of the jl pipe on this tune with no issues, 127 main, 18deg, but like i say i did notice the downpipe getting mad hot, summit airleaked or autolubes shagged.....Mmmmm stripping t'mora!
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

cool hope its saveable
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

I had the same thing happen to my 172 on the way back from the Norway vespa world day . I decoked my scooter 3 weeks before going on the journey and changed the rings too just to be on the safe side . It ran perfect on the outward journey but returning on the M25 I had meltdown . Luckily I was travelling quick enough to freewheel off the motorway where I pulled off the road and started to strip my bike . I had a spare barrel and piston with me which I fitted and managed to get home on but when I got home and checked everything the only thing wrong was a filthy carb and alot of black particles in the bottom of the petrol tank . I think the many fuel stops on the journey caused the petrol cap to wear away the powder coating around the filler of the tank , it ended up within , caused the bike to run lean and ultimately meltdown ! H,pool Gadge , is there any sediment in your petrol tank ?
H,POOL GADGE

UPDATE ; engine stripped, split and diagnosed on the way in and nowt, even seals look mint. casings Mpi'd this week...picture of piston below.......

gaz_powell

ooh that looks bad

i was same when i stripped seans - couldnt find anything wrong which brassed me off

thats why i could only put it down to petrol - his was nowhere near as bad as that mind
joeythescooterboy

Looks a bit like my old standard P2 piston when autolube went tits up
Nemo saltat sorbius, nisi infanus est.
H,POOL GADGE

some pics of p2 casings being die-penned....and the outcome was 100% solid, a bit over kill this test but worth the peice of mind and cost us now't! tell ye what though, scooter tuners nationwide should do this as part of a tune, a good basis of an expensive tune only takes 1/2 hour, it's not hard , Diy level really and spray can be bought easily.....

http://s265.photobucket.com/user/1gadge ... /diepenned

hope these links work, if not it,s got an airleak :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information