What's going on?

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
djh66
Main scooter: 150 special

Although my lml/px selects gears, when I let the clutch out it doesn't go anywhere! I've tried to adjust the cable but it's so loose that the clutch lever (engine end) is fully returned. So what's going on in my clutch? and how do I fix it??
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

Splines on rear hub gone? Pop off your hub cap and see if the shaft is spinning when you're in gear.

Sent using Tapatalk
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Is it electric start?

What happens if you pull the clutch lever in and kick the kickstart ?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
cit205

Bofs wrote:Splines on rear hub gone? Pop off your hub cap and see if the shaft is spinning when you're in gear.

Sent using Tapatalk
^what he said
djh66

Bofs wrote:Splines on rear hub gone? Pop off your hub cap and see if the shaft is spinning when you're in gear.

Sent using Tapatalk
Rear hub is fine. The clutch doesn't seem to be disengaging, when the lever is released.

It is an electric start
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

had a similar problem on a rally 200. Stopped for a broken down motor bike on way to work. Never stopped the engine just popped it in neutral. he jumped on back, i put it in first, released clutch and.....nothing !! Just revved when i wound the throttle back. We both then walked to work.....

Stripped clutch and found the large clutch retaining clip (cir-clip) had come out of the clutch basket. Put the clip back in and worked fine. hope it's something as simple for you.
djh66

mick1 wrote:had a similar problem on a rally 200. Stopped for a broken down motor bike on way to work. Never stopped the engine just popped it in neutral. he jumped on back, i put it in first, released clutch and.....nothing !! Just revved when i wound the throttle back. We both then walked to work.....

Stripped clutch and found the large clutch retaining clip (cir-clip) had come out of the clutch basket. Put the clip back in and worked fine. hope it's something as simple for you.
That's what I'm hoping it is! Can I get to the clutch without dropping the engine?
Bring Me Sunshine COYH
cit205

Yes. Wheel off, then 3 m5 or m6 bolts. Take care not to drop the brass plunger down the gearbox .
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

It's possible the gear selector rod has come unscrewed and you aren't selecting a gear at all even though it will appear as if you are. Take selector box off and see if the rod pulls out
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

cit205 wrote:Yes. Wheel off, then 3 m5 or m6 bolts. Take care not to drop the brass plunger down the gearbox .
One of the lads who posts on here dropped the woodruf into the gearbox......careful on that one as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information