Front tyre rubbing on forks

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Herman
Main scooter: GP200

Just changed the S83's to Conti Twist race tyres on my T5. I guess that the Twists are slightly wider as the front rubs on the inner side of the forks. One solution would be to fit wavy washers to the hub studs to move the wheel over a couple of millimetres. That's all it would take to avoid the tyre rubbing.
Anyone know if that would cause any handling issues or if that solution should be avoided ?
Autobahn
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

There's something not right here, it is possible to do what your thinking, but this means the wheel is not sitting on the hub properly. If it is rubbing against the forks it must be hitting the shock as well. Your idea will work but when your tyre gets hotter it will expand even more and the washer on the hub may not be enough.
Have you spun the wheel to see if there are any issues, have you tried another wheel to see if it does the same. I feel there is something else wrong.
Richjak

Check that the rims arent twisted and are running true.
BOTAK ITU INDAH.
Herman
Main scooter: GP200

Cheers for the advice. As soon as the temp gets above freezing, I'll get into the garage, have a closer look and maybe change the rim
Autobahn
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information