Fuel Pump

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

This post went missing with the transfer to a new server. Fitting the third banjo to the engine casing. Is it possible to replace the oil inlet bolt with the banjo. The only problem all the threaded banjos I've found are imperial are there any metric ones out there. Is my idea going to work? If not where exactly on the engine is best to fit the third banjo.
gaz_powell

if its a vacuum pump it needs to get suction from somewhere so the top connection should be piped into the crankcase (best solution) or if you are using malossi/polini type manifold then you could connect it as low as possible in the manifold

i piped my mikuni one into the back of the casing via BSP threaded banjo and it worked a treat

hope that makes sense
GLscoot

Yes I know what you mean. My only problem is, my engine is already built. So not too keen on bursting it open again, I think I may get away with not fitting the fuel pump, although the next time the engine is open I will tap a banjo into the casing. Where exactly is the best place, the engine is a LML reed valve, so was thinking where the oil spindle was or there abouts. What about the clutch cover, is that possible.
Gary
AUSSIE

Sorry but the oil hole is no good, it has to be tapped into the area where the crank sits. The pump uses the differences in crank pressure to pump petrol. It can be anywhere from just below the reed petals up to the barrel transfers. If you don't want to do a full strip down take cylinder off stuff a rag around the crank and see if you can drill into the central transfer cut out.
GLscoot

Central Transfer?
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

I fitted mine on the carb manifold (using a 28mm ) dont no if you can do this with reed valve though
GLscoot

The RD reeds sit to far down on the manifold for me to fit the banjo.
gaz_powell

i put mine at the rear of the casing about inch and half below where the manifold is bolted to the casing. this was on the advise of a well known tuner

its worth a strip down now and its in place - blank it off and use when you need it (mines blanked off now as i run a 26mm SI with no need for a pump

best of luck
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information