Lock to wall

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I've just acquired a PX disc, going to be my commuter / workhorse. I'm going to need to keep it out front of the house. I have a good sturdy chain lock but would prefer to secure it to the wall of the house.

Is there a loop or something similar that can be bolted to a wall to pass the lock through?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
simonwwfc

Plenty on eBay wall and floor locks
bizzly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

rondon
Main scooter: autovespa

how about , dig a hole get some rebar bend it to shape ( make sure the tails fan out) fill hole with concrete put rebar in it & when it's set chain it to that .
Holly s**t it's got teh rust
goldeneye

sure you cant get it out of sight round the back? there will always be some bell end who will have a go at it, chained up or no.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

goldeneye wrote:sure you cant get it out of sight round the back? there will always be some bell end who will have a go at it, chained up or no.
Nah, the passage round the back is narrow and has bins and stuff in...just too much hassle.

Now I knows to look for 'ground anchor' on eBay I found lots, cheers.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

Your asking for trouble, but if needs must. I would also remove front wheel or deflate rear tyre. Pain in the arse putting wheel back on every morning or pumping tyre up. Do you have a garden gate as I would wrap a chain around that as well. I would also leave it in gear, at least the kids will break there ankles trying to kickstart it. There is also a fuel line splitter you can buy, this allows you to disable the fuel supply quickly. It works by a push and click mechanism. Have you thought if removing the panels and taking it round the back. I am pretty sure your insurance won't pay out if it gets stolen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information