Fuel consumption with SIP Road exhaust

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
chrisM
Main scooter: Vespa GS 200

I'm running a standard P 2 engine (non auto lube) with a Sito + exhaust (and a 120 main jet). Performance is fine for me ... but THAT horrible sound.

Therefore I'm contemplating getting a SIP road pipe. My questions to those, who run that exhaust already: Do I have to expect a higher fuel consumption? And should the 120 main be fine?

Cheers, Chris
cit205

Performance will be better with a sip road , fuel economy difference will depend on if you need to upjet and how you ride it- i run one with a 122 on a rally 200 but a 120 is probably ok to be honest, in which case your fuel consumption wouldnt change.
But it's always best to keep an eye on plug colour and rejet accordingly when changing things, if i were you i'd fit a 122 first then if the plug is airing towards rich come back down to a 120.
If you end up staying with a 122 it's not exactly going to be noticeably more juicy anyway,it's a very small increment.
I've got two sip roads, you won't be disappointed..only thing i can think of it's a good idea to empty half a can of high temp exhaust paint/ (bbq paint from wilkos is good) on them before use ,better than the paint they come in as with most exhausts.
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

if its the stander loking pipe then i have this on mi stock p2 i run a 125 main jet and timings at 19 degs i can get 70 miles before i hit my reserve from a full old type tank :fb:
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
goldeneye

if its a bog standard motor, you"ll not notice any difference fuel economy wise. mine ran a 122 main with this pipe, ive put a few on lads scooters, all ran between 120-122 main jet. good pipe for the money.
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

^^What he said :anbrgin;
goldeneye

just whipped my SIP off to try another pipe with the HB200 top end, and noticed that theres not much paint left on it after only 1500 miles or so! gave it a thorough rub down and a couple of coats of VHT paint. if youve got one fitted, i"d recommend a repaint while you can. good pipe, not a lot of paint on them though!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information