Clutch side bearing

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
stonerosesmod
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150S

Just stripped a mates PX200 engine with a malossi 210 as it was running propper rough.The cut crank is basically shagged as it's cracked by the pin so the webs can be twisted by hand.
I found the clutch side bearing had a big amount of play between the casing and circlip,much more than I've seen before.Can this be shimmed when a new bearings fitted or will it be ok?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

When you say play do you mean that the bearing was loose in the casing?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
stonerosesmod
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150S

Yes about 3mm end float easy and the bearing was moving inside the casing til it hit the large circlip.Im hoping it's a cheap bearing as there's no stamping on it anywhere.Casing where the bearing fits looks undamaged.Took a light tap and the whole bearing fell out the casing without any heat either.
T5-190

With the cost of a new crank case I would fit a new bearing. De-grease the bearing and the bearing hole and use some Loctite bearing fit or similar. Bearings normaly want to run around their own races than the crank case. Worth a try.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Agreed, it may just be a dodgy undersized bearing (I hope so), but try the loctite if a new quality bearing doesn't fit firmly.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information