Vintage vespa kits

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Hi,a mate has just brought an old 66 150 Super and yes....its dog slow!
Scoot is ok,got 10" wheels but we are looking into kitting the thing.
As far as im aware,Pinasco are the only company to do a kit for the 2 port barrel unless anyone knows different?
Cheers
tha83
Main scooter: SX 2something

I think they are, but isn't it fairly easy to cut a third port into the case? Add some material, cut your port and machine the surface. Yes?
Muttley McLadd

One of these would make it sound faster.
CakeAndArseParty
bishopsfinger
Main scooter: vespa gl177

hi! there is also an american 166 kit for two port vespas but with postage its poor value.I bought my pinasco for 112 pounds off italian ebay and its been great,completley transforms the bike.Best used with a standard or sito exhaust and 20/24 carb but must be run in VERY carefully for at least 750 miles
soosh

Cheers,I could cut in the 3rd port and id be doing that if it was mine. It's not mine and don't want to create extra work for me as I could be doing it.Think he will be happy with a few extra cc's and a decent pipe rather than the unkown thing it has on it.
Juan

First thing I'd need to ask since it's on 10" rims instead of the 8" it should be on is has anything been changed regards primary gearing?
soosh

Juan wrote:First thing I'd need to ask since it's on 10" rims instead of the 8" it should be on is has anything been changed regards primary gearing?
No idea Juan,its a running machine that he's just brought,will see if/when it comes apart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information