t5 idle jet

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cezeta

on a t5 172 kit the mixture screw needs to be pretty far out which suggests a week idle jet

is there a richer idle jet or does anyone know what size i need to drill the existing one?
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Is your rotary valve in good nick ? The reason I'm mentioning it is that on my engine its been worn away completely and as a result I've had to dial out the mix screw alot.....like 10 turns odd to get the scoot to rev up easily without bogging down . On a previous set of good engine casings I didn't need to adjust the air screw much .
joeythescooterboy

If your sealing pad is "worn away completely" I'd suggest that you've got bigger problems than your mixture screw!

As for idle jet, I think 100/50 is the richest you can get???
Nemo saltat sorbius, nisi infanus est.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

joeythescooterboy wrote:If your sealing pad is "worn away completely" I'd suggest that you've got bigger problems than your mixture screw!

As for idle jet, I think 100/50 is the richest you can get???
A wayward oil seal when the scooter was about 2 months old did away with the rotary valve on mine . The seal got spun by the crank before it disintegrated . My scoot runs ok with the worn valve . It doesn't have a putt putt sound when ticking over and occasionally when its hot it'll bog down a bit when you try to rev it but otherwise its fine . I've put up with it since 97 ! If anything I think its quicker than a scooter with a good valve , there's less resistance getting the crank to spin fast . In typical T5 fashion it'll rev to oblivion and mine pulls a 21 tooth clutch without issue .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information