polini intake/induction kit

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
goldeneye

lad has dropped one of these off to put on his malossi 210 motor that i"m putting together. bell mouth, foam filter and a jet and Allen bolt to keep it on. anyone put one on before? or is it just the same as leaving the air filter off and fitting a foam filter to the box? never seen one before, and it came with a 140 main jet, which is quite large for an SI carb. seems well made like. anyone had any experience of them? the motors on the bench and dont really want to p155 fart about fitting it on mine TBH.
goldeneye

yeah, ive seen the S.I.P. video on youtube. fitting it is pretty self explanatory, just want to know if anyone is running one , and what they are like. 40 odd quid to get the same results as leaving the filter off? or the emporers new clothes and puts 200mph on ya scoot? :lol:
goldeneye

after a bit of research, the jets you get with these kits (115 main on the 20mm version, and 140 main on the 24mm version) are meant to be for the respective Polini kits (177 +207) . so i banged it on my bog standard P200E(piaggio standard exhaust as well) to get some sort of base line . it went on no bother, but the thought of a 140 main jet on a standard barrel didnt compute, so i put a 120 in instead (shock horror!), and tweaked the mixture. gave it a blast up the road, about 3 miles, and tweaked the mixture again. then 10 miles to work at nearly full throttle, and ten miles home the same. seemed to pull a lot better mid range, an incline i normally drop to 3rd, it went up in 4th no probs, and pulled out of corners better. no sign of overheating or lean running. i"ll check the plug and give it a blast out tomorrow.
tha83
Main scooter: SX 2something

Basically that thing looks just like the Vortex carb that Al at Hot Rod Scooters in Fresno California has been producing for over 10 years.
bag5y01uk

tha83 wrote:Basically that thing looks just like the Vortex carb that Al at Hot Rod Scooters in Fresno California has been producing for over 10 years.
Yeah but a lot cheaper, mines on it's way for my B-Race 177 engine.
goldeneye

checked plug, a bit on the "ginger" side with the 120 main, so upped it to 122, ran to work and back, and it gans canny. working the weekend so it"ll get another few miles back and forth. seen them Vortex carb tops before, they need a modified box top if i"m thinking of the right thing? these polini ones dont. never seen Vortex carb kits available over here, would have tried one if they were.
gaz_powell

watching with interest !
roadrunnerian

I'M THINKING OF FITTING ONE OF THESE TO MY T5 POLINI SUZUKI CONVERSION SO I'LL AWAIT YOUR VERDICT M8 ON IT. ;)
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

How you getting on with this G?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information