sip speedo wiring????

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
paulski

can anyone tell me how the rev counter is supposed to function if its only getting a feed from the permanent 12v ac power from light switch feed. according to form on ac system like mine(sprint with p2 engine) the 3wire feed to speedo has 1 earth,1 permanent live and the rpm pickup can also be wired to that same permanent live, i am building the bike from scratch with 12v loom and a p2 engine and just want to be sure its gonna work before fitting engine and headset, so that if i do have to feeed more wires thru the frame now is the time, i thought that the rev counter would have to get a feed from the stator /cdi wiring??? or is it as simple as the instructions say??? any help please ,thanks
sailor
Main scooter: 75 Rally 200

It's that simple. I have one fitted on my Rally with a home made wiring harness, with the speedo wiring tied into the light circuit. The rev counter does require a little setting adjustment to get the proper rpm to indicate, but that is simple also.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information