smallframe performance, whats best???mallossi???

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
paulski

not that familiar with tuning smallies, im building an engine for a pal, gona fit new crank/elec ignition, and maybe a mallossi135 or polini 130??? got a 4speed gearbox,,, what do you smallie pervs recomend, not too drastic ideally bolt on performance upgrade within a small budget ie. 150quid topend and 70/80quid crank etc. beedy do both polini and mallossi kits but which exhaust would be recommended for each??? is the malossi more peaky than the polini like on the p-range 210 kit??? what carb???etc etc? thanks anyone
shilloboxer

Get on the smallframe forum mate thats your best bet for advice. The malossi is more peaky than the polini and having run the two i would go polini. As for carb you could use 19/19 or go for a deli 25mm again both will work well. what primmaries are you running? As for a pipe depends on your budget but a polini or PM would suit either setup.
paulski

shilloboxer wrote:Get on the smallframe forum mate thats your best bet for advice. The malossi is more peaky than the polini and having run the two i would go polini. As for carb you could use 19/19 or go for a deli 25mm again both will work well. what primmaries are you running? As for a pipe depends on your budget but a polini or PM would suit either setup.
ta mate, not got primaries yet, what ratio do i need to maintain standard 125 gearing???
jonny snatchsniffer

for a low buget id go for the polini 130 a 24/25mm phbl and manifold as for the pipe a polini banana, the standard crank if in good nick will be fine to use, tho i would get a large taper pkxl crank

what exactly do you have ?
paulski

jonny snatchsniffer wrote:for a low buget id go for the polini 130 a 24/25mm phbl and manifold as for the pipe a polini banana, the standard crank if in good nick will be fine to use, tho i would get a large taper pkxl crank

what exactly do you have ?
its a vespa 90 engine, crank is shot anyway and want to get electronic stator kit so prob get pk crank and stator etc, not sure what primaries i need to go for to get 125 standard gearing?? i like the sound of the polini top end kit for a start anyway. ta
ArmandTanzarian

I know nothing about smallframes but aren't Falc supposed to be the ultimate? (For the price they ought to be!)
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
gavi4t
Main scooter: lambretta gp450

my freind has just done one on a budget he used a pkxl large taper crank ,a 24 delly bought from a bike autojumble for a tenner ,an ets125 barrel and head bought off ebay needing a rebore and a polini curly pipe from ebay ,new bearings and seals, a pk clutch set up with later type housing and a little time and effort cleaning and preparing parts he had a good solid reliable motor for very little money :D
madmax

paulski wrote:not sure what primaries i need to go for to get 125 standard gearing??
Standard 125 gearing is 24/61 (2.54) or you could use 27/69 straight cut (2.56).
bendikb

shilloboxer wrote:Get on the smallframe forum mate thats your best bet for advice. .
I cannot find that forum anymore. Is it still operating?
scooterslag

bendikb wrote:
shilloboxer wrote:Get on the smallframe forum mate thats your best bet for advice. .
I cannot find that forum anymore. Is it still operating?
Yep its still there ;)

http://vespasmallframeforum.proboards.com/
The mack daddy on the left!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information