head for malossi 210 long stroke

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MCH
Main scooter: street racer px

iv bought one of these as it states its for long stroke -

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... r_43322875

going to use a 1.5mm packer plate with it, this is right isn't it so the port timings line up.

or should i have bought this -

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... r_43322855

and then added the packer?

any help would be much appreciated
MCH

no one want to shed any light on the situation?
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

The first one is the one to have as it has been machined so as not to need a head gasket.I would still check the squish though.
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

As wack says the first one to go for is the 60mm version,it doesn`t require a packer as the head is recessed for the piston
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
MCH

thanks
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Just to say ,I did one of these for a mate a year or so ago with a MMW reed block and ported /flowed casings , SIP cylinder,60 stroke ,30mm mikuni and SIP JL that was dyno'd at 23.5 hp and gets to 90 mph on the road so enjoy :)
MattsDad

wack 63 wrote:Just to say ,I did one of these for a mate a year or so ago with a MMW reed block and ported /flowed casings , SIP cylinder,60 stroke ,30mm mikuni and SIP JL that was dyno'd at 23.5 hp and gets to 90 mph on the road so enjoy :)
I'm just finishing similar for my road bike; with the hp so low for the bits did you set it up for touring which is what I'm looking for? Interested in your timings if so?
COCKSPEED TUNING
Terrible Taff
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta's & Vespa's

MCH wrote:iv bought one of these as it states its for long stroke -

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... r_43322875

going to use a 1.5mm packer plate with it, this is right isn't it so the port timings line up.

or should i have bought this -

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... r_43322855

and then added the packer?

any help would be much appreciated

The 1st head with 11.8 to 1 geometric works out to be 20.5cc installed giving 6.85 to 1 corrected!
The 2nd head with 11.3 to 1 geometric works out to be 21.5cc installed giving 6.50 to 1 corrected!

Set the barrel up so that the Piston comes flush to the gasket face. Then with the machined recess in the cylinder head giving the squish clearance!

If the engine unit is set up well then the head you have bought will be ok, the ideal compression ratio could be slightly lower as when using the reed induction a greater volume of fuel is taken in giving very good results but has the tendency to be tempermental with pinking when riden at high rpm for long periods of time.

Hence they recomend using a cylinder head temperature gauge to keep a eye on the heat build up. 240' Centigrade is about as high as I like the road motors I have built to reach. For a Spark Plug use BR8EG-V as these tend not to carbon up while running off peak power & cruising.

All will depend on how well the exhaust works & that it does not have a restictive tailpipe size as this will increase the engine running tempurature!

Have a look at the post reply I did for Santacama with his Taffpeed exhaust on a 60mm stroke Malossi 221cc set up.

Best regards

Ian Frankland
Taffspeed
07794 003276
Ian T Frankland

Taffspeed Design Innovations
Mob: 07971 818693
Email: terrible.taff@gmail.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information