PX RIGHT REAR INDICATOR NOT WORKING

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wink

Hi all, I have just got a 1984 P125xEFL, this bike has been standing outside for over 7 years. I have got the engine going relatively easily and all lights seem fine. All indicators are working except the rear right.

I have carried out the usual tests, Panel earths & bulbs and cleaned up and WD40'd the relevant connections and switches but still not working. It's not the panel as I fitted a working one and still no joy. The indicator light in the speedo is not working (but not sure if this would effect it, poss some earth???). I have now moved to checking and replacing the plunger and spring in the frame that connects to the panel.

Can anyone recommend an easy way to remove the plunger/spring unit from the frame as it's proving somewhat stubborn.

Also any further suggestions or help above would be well received.

Thanks in advance Chris
squeakmillward

usually smash them off and use a new one ;)
Craig H
Xbox live gamer tag: GI TROOPER
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Imola 186

Have you checked the soldered connections on the back of the indicator switch and the wires have not broke inside the sleeving or try diff indicator switch just to eliminate the switch out the problem.
vesbrettas

the first thing i would test would be to use a test lead or multimeter to see if your getting power to the frame socket and then work from there either forwards or backwards
ducksta

you say the rear indicator is not working whats wrong with it, does it come on then go off again then on again then off again mmmmmmmmm interesting :anbrgin; :anbrgin;
live life your a long time dead
wink

Hi all, thanks for the help, I've finally got it sorted, it was a poor panel earth to the frame that was causing the problem. I rubbed back all the rusty connections liberally applied the old wd40 and voila, all is working fine. Cheers again Chris

Oh and Lol ducksta
ducksta

only having a bit of fun m8 :anbrgin; i had same probs after having a full vespa powder coated what a knightmare
live life your a long time dead
fraserp200e
Main scooter: 1988 MotoVespa TX200

wink wrote:Hi all, thanks for the help, I've finally got it sorted, it was a poor panel earth to the frame that was causing the problem. I rubbed back all the rusty connections liberally applied the old wd40 and voila, all is working fine. Cheers again Chris

Oh and Lol ducksta
Just had the same snag with mine - after loads of trial and error and swapping bits, it turned out I had a bad connection at the spring clips, cleaned them off and they're all sorted now
1983 Vespa PX125
1984 MotoVespa P200E
1988 MotoVespa TX200
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information