Forks

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
junkyard
Main scooter: SX230 TS1

New to Vespas,Got a PX mark 1 which has a 16mm trailing link and i wish to convert it to take a semi hydraulic disc brake set up (LML) hub looks the same as the early PX one thats fitted at the moment,Which is 22mm! now do i have to swop the forks out for Piaggio/LML 22mm forks or can i convert my old 16mm forks to take a new 22mm trailing link? Dont mind fettling just seems a shame to junk a set of forks which one are original to the scoot and two are as straight as an arrow. Help Please,Cheers
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there`s a 90% probability you`ll get it wrong.
Fruitjuice

You can exchange the trailing link complete with axle.
The bearings don't come out easily as it's an interference fit, but a good vice should be able to push them out.
Always renew the bearings as well as the retaining cups.
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
junkyard

Nice one Fruitjuice :D ,So i take it is just the axle on the trailing link that is different, ie 16mm old type and 22mm on the newer type and not the fork leg its self :?: So just to confirm all i need to do is buy a new 22mm trailing link and a new bearing set to match the new link and thats job done, 8-) Sweet,Thanks again.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there`s a 90% probability you`ll get it wrong.
vesbrettas

mk1 and efl/disc/lml forks are different you cannot just change the lower link unless you have a remade pair of mk1 forks which are different to piaggio mk1 forks
junkyard

:? Okay,so will a pair of LML forks(new ones) complete, fit into a PX mark 1 with on issues in regaurds to headset fitment etc:?: Cheers.Or what other type of forks will fit :?: Thanks for your help.
vesbrettas

i think the only issue you will have is with the steering lock as they are different in mk 1/lml but this is not a major issue you just need to weld up the old one and cut a new slot for the mk1 steering lock
junkyard

:) Nice one,I can live with that,cheers for the help everyone this is a TOP site, And so the search begins :ninja:
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

If you get stuck pal i got some 20mm forks here they just need a new pin pressing on to them the pins are about £20 then take them to any engineers to get the pin replaced

I can get a bit cheaper than that but if you pm tom wsp on here you can cut the ebay fees
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
jum

junkyard wrote:New to Vespas,Got a PX mark 1 which has a 16mm trailing link and i wish to convert it to take a semi hydraulic disc brake set up (LML) hub looks the same as the early PX one thats fitted at the moment,Which is 22mm! now do i have to swop the forks out for Piaggio/LML 22mm forks or can i convert my old 16mm forks to take a new 22mm trailing link? Dont mind fettling just seems a shame to junk a set of forks which one are original to the scoot and two are as straight as an arrow. Help Please,Cheers
hi try sip web site they do a semi hydraulic set up for a 16 trailing link
[img][/i

Disc Brake GRIMECA NT, for
Vespa PX -83 Classic,
Ø 16mm,
with PX MY brake disc and
caliper

£265.30

Art.No.30005000

Preview mg]
junkyard

Cheers,
Had a look at these and was going to get a set but when i tryed they were out of stock for the 16mm type although they show as being in stock!! Ive managed to get a set of 20mm forks and a LML front disc so i should ave it sorted now cheers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information