Pinasco 177 with reedvalve

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Just managed to finally get my hands on a copy of Scotering magazine and saw this kit on page 9, so i lifted the text below from the Pinasco site. Gotta say, nice looking kit, digging the exhaust port shape and think the carb choice is interesting...............

177 VALVE INTAKE TRANSFER

The new kit Pinasco 177 VIT (Valve Intake Transfer) for Vespa PX, with valve intake on the cylinder, is a revolution in the world of Vespa tuning kits because of the brave selection of its components. The cylinder has a new direct valve intake on the cylinder, Pinasco has been the first company that made a valve intake for Vespa like this in the eighties. Pinasco engineers took back that old project converting it to technology and components of today.

The cylinder is made of a special cast iron and it is shaped for optimal performance on all kind of way from the winding mountain roads to the straight of the motorways. This is possible because of the specific configuration of the compression and exhaust strokes. The valve pack is made of aluminum, Viton treated inside to guarantee a very good fluid dynamics. The reeds are in a very high quality carbon.

A new kind of carburetor is included in the kit; it is a depression 27/32 with integrated fuel pump to guarantee the correct quantity of fuel in any driving avoiding vacuum of mixture that, very often, are cause of seize up of the engines. Another big advantage of this carburetor is that it is without jets air/mixtures and it is possible to set the carburetion just screwing and unscrewing two screws of regulation of idle speed. Another very important feature of the kit is that during the installation it is not anymore needed to modify the turning valve like in the past because special plaque to seal it is included.

To come back to the original configuration of the engine it is enough just to remove the plaque and put the original cylinder and carburetor in their original position. The engine will be exactly like before.

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Have to agree intresting especially the carb
AUSSIE

I think the carb is similar to the mikuni super BN series of carbs and the tillotson , they are used on jet skis, karts and I think snowmobiles.
I think the chopper Pride, the DAC's and Richard Taylor have used this type of carb.
Is there any news on price and power output on this kit?
cezeta

i looked at them carbs too for my ts1 as i couldnt see the logic in sucking aganst a side panel but got dragged back to conventional stuff

still looks ideal though

mark

I have used this style carb on a variety of bikes and my next 185 is having one as well because they are so Easy to set up. That one looks like a vire not a tillotson
Juan

£20 says that kit is seriously under-whelming.
cezeta

mark wrote:I have used this style carb on a variety of bikes and my next 185 is having one as well because they are so Easy to set up. That one looks like a vire not a tillotson
did you run it side or down draft?
cezeta

any pics of the downdraft layout ?
mark

Will put up pics of one when I have converted a manifold to run it that way but it won't be for a few weeks/months. I suggest buying a tillotson and doing it the way you want So it's positioned exactly where you need it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information